This Week So Far

I feel like it should be Saturday by now because we've packed our week with so much fun already.  It seems like each week this summer gets more and more exhausting as we try to fit in as many playdates, trips to the pool, warm nights playing outside and meals made on the grill as possible before Autumn and Winter fall upon us with cooling temperatures.  I haven't done my best at taking photos this week, but I thought I'd share what we've been up to with the photos I've got.

Last Saturday morning we hosted Scott's cousins Sean, Missy, Alexa and brand new baby Danielle for brunch.  I made pancakes, a farmer's casserole, a berry salad and toast for everyone and we enjoyed one another's company for a few hours.  We spent the afternoon playing and I cleaned a few rooms in the house and after we ate and cleaned up dinner we had our first family movie night.

All three girls thought this was the greatest way to spend a Saturday night.  We watched Ariel's Beginning because Jaden and Sienna LOVE The Little Mermaid and while it was a cute enough movie, by an hour in Scott and I were looking at eachother and mumbling about when it might be over.  Bristol only watched the first 20 or so minutes before she had to get to bed (she's sleeping 7pm to 7am now!!).  Jaden and Sienna spent the entire movie snuggled up with their blankets and stuffed animals snacking on popcorn throughout the show.

After we put the kids to bed I folded laundry and watched 3 episodes of the show 24 with Scott off of netflix.  I don't think I've mentioned that we received a netflix package as a gift from one of Scott's friends when Bristol was born (great baby gift!).  We decided to continue the subscription, started watching 24 soon after Bristol arrived and are about halfway through the second season of 24 now.  I liked season 1 of the show, but season 2 is even more action packed!

Sunday we cleaned, put away all of the laundry and while Scott, Jaden and Sienna had dinner at a friend's house I dealt with a very fussy baby who cried for 4 hours :-(  I think she's getting constipated off and on and that may have contributed to it.  Bristol is never that fussy so it was really odd, and thankfully she's been pretty good ever since that episode. 

On Monday we began our second of four weeks of swimming lessons (Jaden and Sienna) and right after lessons were over we came home to greet our friends from Georgia who are visiting this week.  I am KICKING myself for not taking any pictures of the kids that day, but if you would've seen what a whirlwind it was having 5 kiddos in the house, you'd understand a bit!  We enjoyed hosting our friends for the night and it has made me realize how much I miss having them around.  These friends moved to Georgia last Summer and their daughter had become good friends with Jaden through dance class as well as through our mutual involvement in our town's preschool parents group.

Monday night as we were putting all of the children to bed my friend Bobbi came over to begin our new plan of having a weekly girls' night.  It was so nice to have her here and I look forward to next Monday at her house :)

Tuesday we started the day off by saying goodbye to our friends and heading off to swim lessons while they headed to another friend's house to visit.  We had lunch with cousins after swim lessons and then everyone took a nice long nap (I even snoozed for a few minutes--woohoo!) in the afternoon.  Tuesday night I took Bristol's weekly photo for a special album I'm putting together for her.  I usually take the photo on Mondays since that's the day she was born on, but Monday had been too chaotic for me to remember.  Here are a few of the pictures I snapped Tuesday night of my precious baby...



She is growing up WAY TOO FAST!  Seems like it was yesterday that she was a newborn just home from the hospital.  Now she's rolling over all the time and loves to be on her tummy looking around.  I have no idea how I'll choose which of these photos to go in her special book!

After Bristol's bath she rolled over on the bathroom floor and then bumped her head on the floor--I felt horrible.  It was time for a bottle so I thought that would help to ease her pain, but she ended up throwing up the whole bottle because she was so upset.  I'm sure glad I took the pictures before bath since afterward was such a catastrophe!  She was fine in the end thank goodness, and I'm sure it's just the first of many times she'll get hurt and need her Mama's comforting arms to make her feel better :)

Yesterday we had another full day beginning with swim lessons once again and followed by a Chiropractic appointment, an errand to Target and a playdate at our house with friends we met through Jaden's school.  I was very impressed that my girls played so well with these friends because we'd never had them over before and I was worried due to recent playdates where my girls act up / start fighting / etc.  Bristol napped during the entire time our friends were here and the four bigger girls (my two and two friends) played wonderfully inside and outside together!  We cannot wait to play with them again soon.

During the playdate UPS dropped off a package and even though it wasn't mine per se, I was very excited.  It was a new exersaucer for Bristol!




Our exersaucer that Jaden and Sienna had used was lent to a friend and broken into pieces accidentally after it got pushed down a flight of stairs, so Bristol was blessed with a new one.  I put it together for her last night and let her try it out before we got ready for bed.  I had to use rolled up blankets to help her stay upright in the seat and once I figured that out she had a blast looking at and touching her new toys!  I can't wait for her to try it again later today.  She's getting so big and interacting quite a bit with people and toys these days.

Well, we're off to swim lessons this morning and then I'm treating myself to a pre-birthday pedicure this afternoon :)  To say I can't wait for two hours of quiet time to myself is a huge understatement!

What have you all been up to this week so far?  I hope it's been a good one for you!

Comments

Popular Posts