12 days at the lake--part 1 of 2

I'm dealing with my "Vacationitis" and figuring out how to get unpacked, organized and back to daily life at the Vitt homestead.  As I sorted through the hundreds of photos I snapped of our time at Lake Erie, it was almost overwhelming.  I hope someday I'll have the hours and hours needed to scrapbook fun trips like this one for my girls.  Until then, I'll blog, and continue to just have daily laughs and fun with them :)

We left for our 12 days of lakeside fun on the morning of July 2nd.  From our door to the door of the lakehouse is only a 1 hour drive.  It's so nice to have our own little paradise such a short drive away!

That day, we spent a good part of the day at the pool.  Scott's brother Ryan was in town along with his sweet girlfriend Jenna so the kids had a great time playing with them in the water.



That night the girls slept well--one of the biggest perks of being in the water all day!  Scott and I got to relax with Ryan and Jenna and have uninterrupted adult conversation, a real treat.

The next morning, July 3rd, we got everyone ready for the pool including little Bristol.  She dipped her toes into the water for a few minutes, but that was about it.  She had fun watching and listening to the kids have fun in the water and it was super CROWDED at the pool that day so there was plenty to watch and hear!


That night we loaded up everyone on my father-in-law's boat for a ride around the Cedar Point area and then to watch fireworks.  This was another "first" for Baby B--she'd never been on a boat before.  I would be lying if I didn't say I was extremely nervous having such a tiny tot on the boat, but she thoroughly enjoyed it! 
 

Jaden and Sienna enjoyed the colorful fireworks, although Jaden was very nervous about the "booms."  My father-in-law has been dating a wonderful gal for over a year now and she was so kind to hang with Jaden on the inside seats of the boat while everyone else sat outside to watch the show.  The girls looked so cute that night in their coordinating red, white and blue.

The morning of July 4th was the annual development bike parade and Independence Day brunch.  Scott's dad wasn't certain they were having the bike parade and by the time we found out it was happening I had an extremely limited time to dress the girls and decorate the bikes.  It all worked out though and they were, in my biased opinion of course, the cutest little sparklers in the whole group.


That day we had to say goodbye to Jenna and Ryan, but got to say hello to my mom, brother and brother's friend.  After Ryan and Jenna left, Scott headed home to get ready for the work week.  My brother, his friend and I played the game "Life" and then made smores in the oven to snack on while watching round 2 of July 4th fireworks.  This time we just sat out on rocks at the edge of the lake right in the development and it was a great spot to view the fireworks while hearing zero noise.

Tuesday the 5th was another pool day and a few more friends came up to spend the day with us.  My brother and his friend went to the top of the lighthouse and later my mom took Jaden and Sienna up.  Everyone laughed at me saying to wave for a photo, but don't lean over the bars at all--haha!  I didn't want anyone to fall :)

Throughout the day Bristol chilled by the pool...

The kids enjoyed having the pool to themselves...

I took a few pics of these sweet piggies that I'd painted on the 4th...

And EVERYONE slept soundly after a FULL day of FUN!

Wednesday the 6th the kids were all up early and out for a bike ride by 9am.  The development has the perfect 1/2-mile loop for them to ride on.

Our friends and my mom had to leave, but my sister Mandy came up to spend some time with us.  Once again, we put in a lot of time at the pool:



And that night the kiddos slept really well once again.  We were about halfway through our trip at that point, and already felt very relaxed and happy.  Everyone was enjoying all that the lake has to offer, most importantly:  lots of time spent in water!

Stay tuned for Part II!

Comments

Jillian said…
Your girls are just so beautiful!!!

Popular Posts