Update on our new home!

The other day I shared this photo of the progress that is being made on our new house...

{Photo has been removed...sorry!}

So today I thought I'd share all of the progress going on inside of the house!

The framing, rough plumbing & electrical, security system, sound system (living room), insulation and dry wall hanging have all been completed inside since the last time I posted about the house. Outside the roof is complete and they are near finished with the stone. Next up will be the trim and siding (a few pieces were hung just to help us envision what it will look like).

Here is the kitchen, with an opening into the living room:

We ordered all of our cabinets today and I can't wait to see the kitchen when it's done! We're doing two-tone cabinets and everything is custom designed by my husband. It's going to be amazing, especially since we've outgrown our current kitchen :)

This photo is also in the kitchen, looking at what will be the breakfast nook (imagine it with a built-in bench along the windows) and our dual pantries on each side of it:

This is the dining room--can't wait to have my first holiday dinner in there! You can vaguely see the outline of a house when you look at the dining room windows here. It's a Cleveland Cavs player's home and I can't wait to come up with some way to introduce myself once we move in!

This is the living room / family room. There will be built-in shelving units that match our kitchen cabinetry which I'm thrilled about; Scott on the other hand is more excited about the new TV he plans to buy to put into this room :) The sliding doors (left hand side of photo) lead to the back yard / patio and the other door opening you see (center of photo) leads into the den.

Here is our 1st floor master which connects to the den. There will be two doors between the rooms that we can open and close as needed. We aren't putting built-in cabinets into the den right away, but plan to later on. In the meantime I'm thinking it will be a great spot for Baby Vitt's pack 'n play, an extra changing table, etc :) We'll also have a desk, couch and "mama's TV" in there (I say that because I'm envisioning myself hanging out in there a lot and we're going to have a DVR in there for all of my girly shows!)

This is the guest room which, like all of the other bedrooms, is upstairs. You can't tell from this photo, but it has a vaulted ceiling which I didn't anticipate it having and I'm super excited to decorate this room! I'm going to pull out all of my bedding from before Scott and I got married for this room, and I want to make or buy a pretty wreath for above the window you see here. For all of our guests, this will be a wonderful place to stay :)

Here is the guest room's private bathroom and walk-in closet...

Here is Jaden and Sienna's room:

And the kids' bathroom:

The baby's room:

And the 4th upstairs bedroom, which will be a playroom for now:

Down in the basement we aren't finishing much to begin (I'm actually thankful for this because I'm going to have trouble cleaning all of the finished space we'll have as it is!) But we are finishing a good sized room for my craft area. Here it is...

And here are a few photos of the rest of the basement:


Eventually we would love to finish it to have a rec room and an area for our exercise equipment, but that has to wait right now. We can finish a large amount of this basement and still have plenty of room to store things (i.e. kids clothes! ha!) so I'll look forward to designing it one day with Scott. Maybe we should wait until our girls can vacuum so that they can help with the cleaning....hmmmmm :)

This photo shows the hallway / laundry room / "mud room" area off of the kitchen:

The first wall you see there on the right will be lined with 3 lockers, as will the wall it faces so that each member of the family has his / her own space to hang coats, put shoes, etc. For all of you mathematicians out there, NO I'm not having twins :) I would LOVE to have a 4th baby one day though so we have to plan for such things! And if the 4th pregnancy happened to be twins, well then I'd gladly give up my locker!

And now, the oversized 3-car garage...

Finally, everyone asks what is in the "tower" when they see a photo of the outside of the house. It's this "tower" I speak of:

{Photo has been removed...sorry!}

...and inside of it is this:

Our staircase! It will, of course, look much more presentable by the time we're moving in.

The house was a disaster when I was taking these photos because the dry walling team had just hung every big of drywall in only 2 days! Now they just have to mud and tape it all, prime the walls and move onto things like trim, flooring, cabinet installation, etc. I can't wait!

It has been a dream come true so far to build this dream home. We are so blessed that my husband designs / builds homes for a living and that we can build this at "cost." There is no way we could afford it otherwise, believe me. I cannot say enough that life is not about what you "have" but what you can give. Yes, we needed more space to accommodate our family. But moving into this home won't change at all who we are inside. :)

P.S. It's a very special little girl's birthday today here...Sienna is 3 today! Her birthday post will be up tomorrow!

Comments

Jillian said…
I can't believe how HUGE that house is!
Life Happens said…
How exciting! It looks gorgeous! Can't wait to see how you'll decorate that huge house!

Popular Posts