Scavenger Hunt & Lolly the Trolley
After an unintentionally long blogging hiatus, I'm back!! Within a day or two after my last post, our computer really went ballistic which led to me barely being able to connect to the internet, let alone upload any photos. Our wonderful friend completely wiped out our hard drive and loaded windows 7 on it for us, so now it's working like a brand new computer! Thank you so, so much Jeff :)
I'm going to catch up in the next few days on everything going on here (baby, house, what our little princesses have been up to, etc!), but I thought I'd share about last night and our day today right away.
Last night our preschool mom's group had a community scavenger hunt. I cannot emphasize enough how AMAZINGLY FUN it was! Each team of two was given a four-page list of things to collect and photograph throughout our community and depending on level of difficulty each item was worth anywhere from 10 to 100 points. Here are my "partner in crime" Beth and I as we were receiving our list and heading out...
We were told that we had 90 minutes to get as many things from the list as we could, and throughout that time we received texts and phone calls from the hunt's organizer with bonuses that we could earn. Beth and I had some good old fashioned silly fun and didn't get into any trouble along the way, but some of the other teams were kicked out of Walmart and Target! I'm sure glad we didn't have that problem.
Here are a few of the things we had to photograph along the way...
A store employee and team member (me) by a mannequin:
The team trying on hats / purses / shoes / a combination of the three:
A team member standing back-to-back with a man 6'5 or taller...
A team member carrying a stranger's bags to their car...
A team member with a uniformed officer (thanks Sergent for being right in the parking lot where we were headed!!)
A team member in a shopping cart (hahahaha!)...
All team members sharing a drink (thanks Chick-fil-a for a free sip!!)...
The team with a fire truck and as many firefighters as were available...
A team member pumping a stranger's gas...
And the list went on and on! Beth and I made a really good team and had a blast. We were having so much fun that we were thrilled when the hunt's organizer extended our time limit by an extra 30 minutes which allowed us to get a few more points. We ended up scoring over 2000 points overall and came in 2nd place! We lost to our friends Kristin and Bobbi by only TWENTY points--soooo close! I wouldn't have cared if I came in last though; it was the fun girls night out that mattered most :)
Today we were up and at 'em early to get downtown for a Lolly the Trolley tour with the kiddos. We had Lolly transport us and our wedding party the day we renewed our vows, so I thought it would be fun to ride the trolley again. This tour was especially for the kids and was put together by our preschool parents group (Thanks Kelly!).

We got to see the highlights of downtown Cleveland and I learned a lot, especially since I'm not from here. The kids got to ring the trolley's bell which was thrilling for them, and they were very good during the long ride. I don't think they much cared for most of the facts the knowledgeable driver shared, but they loved just riding around and seeing some cool buildings, all the while trying to unzip the windows...haha!
After our ride we went to the Hard Rock Cafe for lunch and the kids walked around Tower City a little bit watching the water fountains and checking out the guitars. My father-in-law has one of these guitars in his living room, and our two little music lovers enjoy looking at it. Sienna was really intrigued by this one because it had "booms" (fireworks) on it...
Finally, we stopped by the new house today before we came back home! It's really coming along and I'm going to share many more photos in another post. Just wanted to give this sneak peak...
So that's been our past 24 hours or so :) We've been busy having fun and we're excited to finally be connected to the internet again so that we can share more soon!
I'm going to catch up in the next few days on everything going on here (baby, house, what our little princesses have been up to, etc!), but I thought I'd share about last night and our day today right away.
Last night our preschool mom's group had a community scavenger hunt. I cannot emphasize enough how AMAZINGLY FUN it was! Each team of two was given a four-page list of things to collect and photograph throughout our community and depending on level of difficulty each item was worth anywhere from 10 to 100 points. Here are my "partner in crime" Beth and I as we were receiving our list and heading out...
We were told that we had 90 minutes to get as many things from the list as we could, and throughout that time we received texts and phone calls from the hunt's organizer with bonuses that we could earn. Beth and I had some good old fashioned silly fun and didn't get into any trouble along the way, but some of the other teams were kicked out of Walmart and Target! I'm sure glad we didn't have that problem.Here are a few of the things we had to photograph along the way...
A store employee and team member (me) by a mannequin:
The team trying on hats / purses / shoes / a combination of the three:
A team member standing back-to-back with a man 6'5 or taller...
A team member carrying a stranger's bags to their car...
A team member with a uniformed officer (thanks Sergent for being right in the parking lot where we were headed!!)
A team member in a shopping cart (hahahaha!)...
All team members sharing a drink (thanks Chick-fil-a for a free sip!!)...
The team with a fire truck and as many firefighters as were available...
A team member pumping a stranger's gas...
And the list went on and on! Beth and I made a really good team and had a blast. We were having so much fun that we were thrilled when the hunt's organizer extended our time limit by an extra 30 minutes which allowed us to get a few more points. We ended up scoring over 2000 points overall and came in 2nd place! We lost to our friends Kristin and Bobbi by only TWENTY points--soooo close! I wouldn't have cared if I came in last though; it was the fun girls night out that mattered most :)Today we were up and at 'em early to get downtown for a Lolly the Trolley tour with the kiddos. We had Lolly transport us and our wedding party the day we renewed our vows, so I thought it would be fun to ride the trolley again. This tour was especially for the kids and was put together by our preschool parents group (Thanks Kelly!).

We got to see the highlights of downtown Cleveland and I learned a lot, especially since I'm not from here. The kids got to ring the trolley's bell which was thrilling for them, and they were very good during the long ride. I don't think they much cared for most of the facts the knowledgeable driver shared, but they loved just riding around and seeing some cool buildings, all the while trying to unzip the windows...haha!
After our ride we went to the Hard Rock Cafe for lunch and the kids walked around Tower City a little bit watching the water fountains and checking out the guitars. My father-in-law has one of these guitars in his living room, and our two little music lovers enjoy looking at it. Sienna was really intrigued by this one because it had "booms" (fireworks) on it...
Finally, we stopped by the new house today before we came back home! It's really coming along and I'm going to share many more photos in another post. Just wanted to give this sneak peak...
So that's been our past 24 hours or so :) We've been busy having fun and we're excited to finally be connected to the internet again so that we can share more soon!


Comments