The Sunday Skinny
Hellooooooo :) Remember me? It's been a whirlwind 2 weeks with so much packed into every single day! Yikes!
I've been wanting to begin blogging again about exercise and diet, but I couldn't find a good weekly title. Then I saw my friend Joanie do The Sunday Skinny and I loved the positive ring to it! So here goes copying my friend's title and hoping she won't mind!
As many of you have heard over the past year I was told last October that I need to do some form of exercise every single day to combat the effects of my injury. I decided that five days a week was plenty and have been going strong for almost a year now!
If you follow me on Instagram you know that I have been doing the Beachbody PiYo program and I have one week left. I absolutely love it! Although, it is very hard to fit in now that I am home from the lake and have therapy twice a week.
This was post-Piyo and post-therapy one day last week! Whew! As you can see on my hand in that picture I also wear a fitbit that calculates my steps, flights of stairs, heart rate, calories and more. I love it and it's great motivation!
Now...my eating. It was pretty good at the lake, even though I had a few treats every week. I had Toft's ice cream but made sure that we didn't go to the dairy more than once a week and I had the Sandusky donut shop twice in 5 weeks. Not terrible, but definitely more donuts than I would eat at home! And ice cream! So I am eating healthy and I need some support (and pressure?!) along the way. In 11 short weeks I will be laying on a beach just before my brother-in-law's wedding. I want my body to show the year of {almost} daily workouts I've done.
Between now and then, I am committing to logging food in a journal DAILY and summarizing my week here each Sunday. I'm excited! My gut is too ;) After eating junk more often than I should, this first week is going to be like a detox! Anyone else in?! Here...I...go!!



Comments