In Your Dreams

My computer cord is missing so I cannot upload pics from my camera--oops! I'm dying to recap the last part of our 5 weeks at the lake house, but in the meantime here's this to make you chuckle ;)

The other night I was trying on dresses (because that's what you do when you've been gone 5 weeks--ransack your closet!) for some ideas of what to wear when my BIL gets married. Yes his wedding is in November. Yes I have three months. Yes I am crazy. A little bit!!

Never mind it was 1am. I was WIRED...

I mean it's totally normal to try on dresses that you *might* wear three months from now on vacation at 1am, right?

I got to a dress that I had not worn before and I really like how it fit from the front. The backside however… No go. So I decided to put a thought with it and see if that made it better. I sifted through all my belts from over the years and found a perfect yellow one. I tried that one on and it made all the difference in the world. Side note: I've had to do an astronomical amount of squats this year to strengthen my legs really well in order to walk again after my accident. Therefore, I look like I should be in the Kardashian family. I'm not even kidding, my backside is enormous! Ha!!!! (If you ever want more of a booty, do about 150 squats every day for a year, lol!)

Then as I'm all dressed up...at 1am...in our bathroom with Scott asleep in the bedroom...I hear something strange. As it gets closer it gets louder and I realize Bristol is crying.

I cannot tell you how fast thoughts raced through my head...what is wrong with my baby girl...I need to get to her before she wakes up Scott...but between the crying and me opening our bathroom door he might awake anyway...and I'm DRESSED UP...at 1am! I mean accessories and all! I was dying!!

Turns out Scott did rustle a little. And B was talking to him as I went from our bathroom to our bedroom. She apparently had hit her head and wanted us to know. AKA she just needed some good "awwwww's" and big hugs. Then she was on her way back to bed, leaving Scott to wonder what the heck his wife was doing in the middle of the night in a coral dress and yellow belt. I turned back to the bathroom to change--leaving him to go back to sleep as quickly as he'd been woken up.

But the dress looked damn good. And what guy doesn't want to dream of his wife all dolled up?!

Some dreams come true (some wives are too much--especially when wide awake at 1am!) Lucky guy. 

Lol!


Comments

Popular Posts