Mama said there'd be days like this...
Let's talk about the past 36 hours I've had...
10:30pm Thursday Plans change for the weekend; we cannot go to Cbus (all bags are packed already...). I won't get to see 6 great friends / former sorority sisters I'd planned to see, kids won't get to do zoo & COSI...Scott mad because he had friends planning to stay here this weekend & now they'll get woken up early by our 3 little wildcats...
8am Friday Working out downstairs, Scott was in a hurry to leave so he didn't come down to say goodbye (yes I could call him, yes I'd see him later, but goodbyes are my thing... 16 1/2 years ago my dad said goodnight to me for the last time and when I woke up he'd passed away, so yes goodbyes are meaningful to me...)
9am Friday I'm just getting breakfast ready, have already dealt with 3 sad little girls about the change in weekend plans, when I realize Scott forgot something important for work on the counter. I drop everything, head 15 min to his office w/ 3 little angry gremlins in tow, 2 of whom are still wearing jammies
11:30 Friday I decide to take everyone to get their nails done since our weekend plans didn't work out & what should've been a 1/2 hr trip to the salon takes 2 1/2 hours because they're SO busy...
3pm Friday Scott came home about noon and met up with out-of-town friends leaving our dog at home. 3 hours later I walk into a disaster. He's never done this before but he was obviously ticked that Scott was leaving and he got into a nearly full garbage can & left a disaster in our kitchen, family room, Scott's closet, etc. Yours truly had to clean it up, mop, etc. Nevermind it's 3pm & I've had no lunch because I thought I'd be home from nail salon (above) much sooner. At least 1 fam member had a full stomach!!
Being a cool mom (ntm trying to make up for the botched plans!), I spend the entire evening hosting 2 little friends to sleepover, having a pizza dinner, watching a movie, & more. I'm tired out.
11:30pm The dog snarls (he scares me when he does this! Only does it if he's comfortable and has to move...) at me b/c I'm trying to put him to bed (heaven forbid!!).
12:30am Saturday finally bedtime b/c was waiting to hear from Scott before I went to sleep (see above goodbyes / good nights are important to me).
6:30am Saturday Scott forgot to turn off his alarm so it goes off and I'm wide awake hoping today is a better day than the past day and a half! Yikes!!



Comments