Way Back Wednesday
Over the past week or so I was reminded of three stories that I might have forgotten if I wasn't reminded him that I would have been very sad not to have written down. Each story is about each of my three daughters so enjoy each with a chuckle.
Just after Christmas last winter Jaden came home from school and went straight into the bathroom. I was hustling around making dinner and all I said hello I did not exactly look at her once she took her snow pants off. After she went to the restroom she came in to tell me about the day and at this point she had the snow pants off. I was astonished when my daughter had only tights and a longsleeved shirt on. I asked where her dress was to which she replied, as if it were normal, that her dress was in her backpack. I figured out through our next bit of conversation that Jaden had taken off her dress that afternoon because she was "hot" and had put it into a locker. She spent the next several hours at school with thick tights and a longsleeved shirt on. I nearly died of embarrassment for my daughter!! How could her teacher not have known? Oh my word!!
A year ago Sienna had a major problem with socks. She hated wearing them, hated putting them on, and just despised them in general. Every day while I was sick whomever was taking care of her had to plead with her to get some socks on before the bus arrived any minute. It was always the very last second when she finally was persuaded to put some on and thankfully she made the bus. However, one day her haste and crankiness made her take too long. She missed the bus… Scott was not happy because he was the one taking care of her and her sisters that morning and making sure she got onto the bus for school. He rarely gets stern with his daughters but he told her she could not have her iPod and he was very disappointed in her. Sienna, almost proudly, told everyone that she could not have her iPod and why. It was so funny that something that came from and upsetting, disappointing morning was told to so many with confidence. The point was clear though. And ever since, socks have never been an issue!
Exactly 2 years ago I took Bristol and Sienna to the Akron Symphony show for children. It was at a church in Hudson, so not too far from our house. Sienna thoroughly enjoyed the entire performance of Mother Goose while Bristol was a little stinker the entire time. She would not sit down. The picture above shows the only three seconds that she actually sat. Instead of sitting she was twirling around, flirting with every little boy and site, making friends with the woman behind us, and giving me a silly grin every time I tried to get her to sit down. Then I decided to bribe her with a sucker to try to get her to let us enjoy a few minutes of the show. Except that I temporarily forgot that at that time she pronounced all S sounds with an F. So you can imagine the 10 shades of red my face turned as (in a church no less!) she was running around talking (yelling!) about how she was going to have (blank) when the performance was over. Needless to say we had to leave before it was truly over because I couldn't take the embarrassment anymore!
.jpg)
.jpg)



Comments