Happy Mother's Day

Mother's Day was amazing. It started out a little rocky as I got just 3 choppy hours of sleep in a non-reclining chair at Rainbows (hospital). I went there just before midnight the night before because my nephew had something concerning making it difficult for him to breathe. He's ok now, and has several follow-up appointments, but I just couldn't let my sister stay there all night alone!

For brunch on Mother's Day, all I wanted was a cake donut with chocolate frosting. I didn't want a chain store donut. I was craving a gooooood one :) So thanks to the local donut shop Scott scored this one!!


He served it with an egg scramble (well done just the way I love it, bacon and a fruit salad of all my favorite fruits. I was smitten!!

Then I was showered with all my gifts. Oh my word, the gifts!! Many Jaden and Sienna made for me at school and they were so special. In addition to my favorite candy and my favorite wine, Scott got me some shoes to wear all summer in place of flip flops to the pool. 


Secretly I had planned with friends a Mother's Day trip to Kalahari. So when I opened the shoes I said that I wanted to try them out right away at a pool or something. Jaden and Sienna could not believe when I mentioned Kalahari and then spending the night!







For about $100 we got two days of passes to the indoor water park and a suite to sleep in. We couldn't pass up this steal! We stocked the suite with food for dinner and breakfast. That was the way to do it! Scott came with us on Sunday afternoon and then came home along with the other husbands. It was a really special day!!



Comments

Popular Posts