Gentle Nudges from God

I frequently have felt that I'm being nudged to do something and I firmly believe it's a higher power doing the nudging. It would be so easy to ignore these urges. But for a variety of reasons each time, I do not. Listening to God always makes everything right, even when it forces us to go a direction we weren't planning!!

When I first started driving I needed to try out the freeway but I was terrified. There was a gentle nudge telling me to try it out and I only had to go one exit. Sure enough I got on the highway and the car that ended up right in front of me was only going 50 mph. It was meant to be. Therefore I got to only go that fast and then when the car in front of me started going faster I could gain speed gradually. It was an amazing way to start off doing something that I had feared.



A few weeks ago a friend texted me early in the morning and wanted to know if I had any time to get together that day. It was a very hectic day but God knew that I needed some time just enjoying and laughing and having fun with my friend. I was able to have lunch with her and it was amazing. I'm so glad I did it!

Tonight, I was driving to a meeting that I have each week and I took a different way. I had to make a left-hand turn from a very busy street and it was a nightmare. Was almost as if God was telling me that in the future I should always go the original way because it's safer and easier! Maybe a minute slower but well worth that!!



A few years ago Sienna was diagnosed with Lyme disease. She would have never been diagnosed had we not rescheduled her birthday photos for the night before and had the photographer not had a sister who was dermatologist. Our photographer called me and texted me multiple times the next day telling me that her sister would be happy to see Sienna and that we had been wrongfully diagnosed at the pediatrician that day. I am so glad for that nudge. The treatment that our pediatrician (not ours, but her colleague who saw us that day...) had prescribed would have masked the actual problem and we may have dealt with severe consequences later. I have been so thankful ever since this happened over a year ago because it could easily have gone the other way! 

This past year has been nothing like I had planned. However as a result I have learned to be more patient, to enjoy the little things with my daughters, to make true priorities and to smile more. Today when I felt like there was no way I could accomplish what I wanted to do, I took one look at my list and thought to myself "is there anything on here that needs done so badly that we could not live without it being done?" I was able to turn my whole day around and do less than half of what I had planned on doing while enjoying Bristol at home so much more. We cooked together, played together, got ready for the day (at noon!) together, ate a late lunch together, and more. As a result, the day was perfect. Both she and I enjoyed every minute!!



I hope that I keep getting gentle nudges because so far they have been eye opening! Maybe not as big as my accident last February but may God's will always be done!!



Comments

Popular Posts