Another New Photo Wall!
A couple of weeks ago, I surprised Scott with a new photo gallery in our upstairs hallway. After seeing my post, our family photographer sent me a link to a contest that was being held on a photography blog for beautiful and unique ways to display photographs. By the time I looked at the contest's details, it was too late to enter, but I had a slew of new ideas of my own for hanging up more family photographs!
Here is the showcase of contest finalists:
http://laurawinslowphotography.com/blog/2012/08/15/wall-art-love-contest-finalists-vote-favorite-wall-now-laura-winslow-photography/
My very favorite idea was from finalist #12, and I was very excited to find a good blank wall in our hallway downstairs to do my own. As I started gathering supplies, I saw that my favorite finalist actually won the contest! Kuddos to her--both for winning and for giving me a good idea for myself :)
I had recalled seeing old windows for sale awhile back on a facebook group I'm a part of, so I contacted the girl immediately and asked if she had anymore available. Thank goodness she did. Then I measured the openings and printed some of my favorite photographs in sepia. Finally, I taped each photograph in. The entire project cost me only $27 and here's what I've got:
I hung the window very temporarily to photograph it so that I could share. However, it's actually waiting ever so patiently for Scott to screw it in permanently (those picture hangers won't show). I can't say enough how much I love this unique way to display our treasured memories. I am forever grateful for our photographer who shared the contest with me in the first place!
In looking back at the contest this morning, I realized that the photographer who won actually has a tutorial for making your own window like mine on her blog. You can see it HERE. I used almost the same technique, just different tape, and it was very easy. If you go on to make a window like mine and hers after seeing this, be sure to share with me!
Have a fabulous Friday family & friends :)
Here is the showcase of contest finalists:
http://laurawinslowphotography.com/blog/2012/08/15/wall-art-love-contest-finalists-vote-favorite-wall-now-laura-winslow-photography/
My very favorite idea was from finalist #12, and I was very excited to find a good blank wall in our hallway downstairs to do my own. As I started gathering supplies, I saw that my favorite finalist actually won the contest! Kuddos to her--both for winning and for giving me a good idea for myself :)
I had recalled seeing old windows for sale awhile back on a facebook group I'm a part of, so I contacted the girl immediately and asked if she had anymore available. Thank goodness she did. Then I measured the openings and printed some of my favorite photographs in sepia. Finally, I taped each photograph in. The entire project cost me only $27 and here's what I've got:
{My photographs of the window make it look small--it's actually over 4 feet long and each photograph included is 11 3/4" x 5 3/4"}
I hung the window very temporarily to photograph it so that I could share. However, it's actually waiting ever so patiently for Scott to screw it in permanently (those picture hangers won't show). I can't say enough how much I love this unique way to display our treasured memories. I am forever grateful for our photographer who shared the contest with me in the first place!
In looking back at the contest this morning, I realized that the photographer who won actually has a tutorial for making your own window like mine on her blog. You can see it HERE. I used almost the same technique, just different tape, and it was very easy. If you go on to make a window like mine and hers after seeing this, be sure to share with me!
Have a fabulous Friday family & friends :)





Comments
I really like this idea, thanks for sharing!
love the idea, thank you for sharing!!