Dirty THIRTY!

July 30th was my "golden birthday"--I turned THIRTY!  It feels like it quickly approached and was celebrated and then was over in a blink of an eye.  Today Kelly is hosting a link-up for adult birthday parties and I decided it was the perfect time to finally share some photos from the best party I've ever had :)

Scott threw me a little gathering at a vineyard near our house.  We discovered this vineyard less than a year ago and have enjoyed a few nights there with friends.  I'm not a big wine drinker actually, but there are a couple of very sweet wines at this vineyard that taste almost like grape juice which I like.  So one night last May we inquired about doing a private party there and knew it would be a nice spot to celebrate my birthday.

 

Scott, my mom, Scott's mom, my stepmom and my friend Rachel all brought an array of DELICIOUS appetizers and desserts. 


Scott sent out invitations to as many friends of mine as he could think of and we were so excited many could come out for the night!



Even my 7+ month pregnant sister and her husband came :)  We had some sparkling grape juice there for her!



The event coordinator took us on a tour of the wine cellar and told us all about how they make their wine.  It was interesting, but not nearly as entertaining as my friend Lindsay who found a spectacular new pair of shoes in the cellar...





The vineyard has 8 different wines, and in order to give all of our guests an opportunity to drink anything they wanted, we opted to have separate tabs and a "wine tender."  I don't think anyone minded, especially since then they could order anything!  Another option was to choose just two wines, but them in bulk in advance and have a serve yourself station.  We weren't sure how to handle that or choose just two wines...




My mom even surprised me with a video slide show of photos from over the past 30 years (some from the teenage years that we don't need to talk about haha!) and a scrapbook including notes and photos from many of my friends and family.  That gift is a priceless treasure!


I had a wonderful time surrounded by so many people I love, and I think everyone there had fun too.  I'm so grateful to Scott for throwing the party and to all of my friends who came out to celebrate! 

Comments

Jillian said…
You looked beautiful!! Looked like you had a blast!!

Popular Posts