We're baaaaaaaaack!

We are officially back from our amazing vacation in sunny Southern California and trying very hard to get back on Ohio time! I took several hundred photos on our vacation (using the new camera is way too fun!) and will be sorting through those to post a few over the next few days. I used my brother-in-law's laptop while we were out there to post once and to keep up with emails, but I didn't want to upload any photos using his computer. So sorry, you've had to wait and it'll be a couple more days probably before you see any of the evidence of the fun we had!

In the meantime, I've been meaning to share these photos of Jaden at school. They were actually taken during her first week, but I kept forgetting! The first is of her washing her snack plate. At montessori, they believe firmly that children have to learn responsibility for themselves in all areas and one way to teach them that is to have them clean up after snack. Maria Montessori, the founder of these methods, also believed that things in the classroom should be pretty, so the children eat off of adorable glass plates that are more beautiful than some fine china! So here Jaden is washing her plate for the first time, with a little help from her teacher's aide. It melted my heart to see her doing this, and each time the aide would walk away, I could see that Jaden was thinking really hard about what to do next. So cute! She washed and dried her dish very well (time to get her washing the dishes at home I guess! ha!), and I was one proud mama watching from the observation window. By the time I get to visit the classroom next I'm sure she'll be proficient in this and a slew of other tasks. Ah, my little girl is growing up!


Here is Jaden with her teacher. We already think very highly of her and look forward to all that she will teach and guide Jaden through over the course of this year! Jaden absolutely refused to have her photo taken with her teacher on the first day, so I was joyful when she told me she'd let me photograph them together a day or two later. In the background is the classroom fish tank, a real hit with Jaden and Sienna, who always tries to sneak into the classroom to peak at the fish when we are in the building!


Well, time to get ready actually to take Jaden to school. It's also Sienna's first day at Mommy 'n Me school so I'll be sure to take her photo and post that later :) Stay tuned this week for many updates and tons of photos!

Comments

Popular Posts