Gettin' in the groove!

Forgive me for my infrequent posts my friends as we have been traveling again and getting accustomed to the new school schedule!

We just got home from a wonderful weekend in Columbus. Our friends, Andrea & Rory, got married on Saturday and we had a fabulous time celebrating with them! Since Rory is a fraternity brother of Scott’s, and Andrea is my sorority sister, we knew so many people at the wedding and both had fun catching up with our OU friends.

{The Groom and his Bride!}

{Scott & I at the wedding}

{3 of my roommates from senior year of college & I having fun on the dance floor!}


Also while we were in Columbus, Scott and I went to a festival at my former elementary school. I went to Catholic school and every year over Labor Day weekend they have a festival with live music, greasy food, rides, games and much more. This was the first time I ever took Scott to the festival and while he didn’t think much of going at first, at the end of the night he told me he’d had a great time :) I got to see about a dozen of the 70 students from my elementary school class and many are married and had their spouses and children with them! It’s so fun to see everyone all grown up. Unfortunately, I forgot to take my camera to the festival because I would’ve loved to take a few photos with everyone. I guess that just means we have to go back next year and take the camera with us!

***********

I received many emails, facebook posts and texts asking what the heck happened to my car after my wordless Wednesday last week! I loved leaving everyone in suspense—ha! On one of the last nights of my 9 days at the lake in August, my car actually got BROKEN INTO! My car was one of 7 or 8 that got windows smashed in, though I am so thankful that nothing was taken from my car. Based on what was stolen from all of the other cars, we believe the robbers were looking for computers, blackberry phones and golf clubs, none of which were in my car. I did however have a camera bag (which was empty, thank God!) that looks much like a laptop bag in my backseat and we think that is why they got into my car. The bag was moved, as was my purse (yep, they moved it, but didn’t take it!), but nothing was touched. I was amazed to find my itouch, garmin, purse, $160 cash and other various items not taken. It was quite a fiasco for my father-in-law and hubby to clean up the car and give me a temporary window until we could get home and have the window replaced. I’m so thankful though that they took the time to do a thorough job and that I had a really nice temporary window made of hard plastic so that driving home from the lake was nothing out of the ordinary (except we couldn’t put that window down, but we didn’t want to anyway!). We sure hope that the Sandusky police are able to find who did all of the damage to the cars in the development and who took a lot of valuables from others’ vehicles!

***********

As promised, here are a gazillion photos from the week I spent in Columbus at my mom’s house with Jaden and Sienna. We had a very fun week, the highlights of which were going to Cosi, going to the zoo and having dinner several nights with friends. We got to visit with many friends whom are not pictured here, and had a very fun week.

{The baby elephant at the Columbus zoo which we first saw & posted about in April. Since he was born, this elephant has more than doubled in size!}

{A very fun tiger showing off}

{How beautiful and magestic!}

{Jaden reaching like the tiger...so cute!}

{Jaden @ the zoo}

{Fun flamingoes--using the special features on my new camera!}

{Beautiful fish swimming in the coral reef}

{Monkey swinging}

{...and taking us all in...}

{and jumping around!}

{Sienna with my cousin Tomi at the end of our zoo trip}

{Cutest ducks ever which were part of a show at the zoo!}

{one of my favorite places to go as a kid; just had to take my girls there!}

{Jaden, Sienna & I at COSI}

{Sienna at the water table in Little Kids Space}

{Learning about Electricity with Aunt Cart, my friend}

{Jaden and I playing with sound and electricity}

{Jaden showing off that she found all of the animals on her scavenger hunt!}

{Jaden rode a camel statue at COSI}

{Hula Hooping through the years in the "Progress" exhibit}

{Hula Hooping through the years in the "Progress" exhibit}

{Sienna can Hula Hoop too!}

{Out to dinner at PF Changs with a bunch of my college friends who are also all sorority sisters!}
***********

This week promises to be a busy one as Jaden has school every day and I have a “Moms Need Moms” group meeting tomorrow morning. We’ll be sure to keep you updated along the way, and I’m going to decide by Friday whether to continue “Fantastic Food Fridays” or not. This weekend is a big weekend for football in Ohio (OSU vs. USC on Saturday and the Cleveland Browns home opener on Sunday!) so we’ll be finishing up this week with a whole lotta cheering for our home teams. Go Buckeyes & Go Browns!

Comments

Popular Posts