Our California Vacation--Part 2 (Days 3, 4 & 5)
So, to recap, on Day 1 of our California vacation we flew across the country, landed at the Orange County airport that evening, and ate dinner in Huntington Beach at a wonderful place called Wahoo Fish Taco (which I highly recommend!) before crashing for the night.
Day 2 was our trip to Disneyland (see last post!).
So by Day 3, we were ready for the BEACH! We stayed for the majority of our trip in Newport Beach at a GORGEOUS home designed and built by my husband, father-in-law and brother-in-law. It's actually a duplex and my brother-in-law lives in one side. Click HERE to see the listing for the unit we stayed in because it's for sale! Anyway, as I was saying, by Day 3 we were ready to soak up the sun, sand and surf. So after a morning walk we got ready and hit the beach!
Sienna normally isn't a big fan of the beach, but she eventually took to it and had fun. She and Jaden spent time digging in the sand, trying to build sand castles with Mommy, Daddy and Grandma (my inlaws joined us on this trip!), and sticking their toes in the water.
Jaden went a little further into the water with Scott and at one point told him, "put me in that water so that I can SWIM!"--she didn't understand the tide and that it was salt water. She just thought the ocean was one big swimming pool!
After playing with Jaden and Sienna in the sand for awhile, Scott and his brother decided to do some body surfing. They had fun riding the waves and we had fun watching them from the sand!
After our trip to the beach Jaden and Sienna took nice long naps and we had some fresh fish at a local Newport restaurant called Bear Flag Fish Co. for dinner. It was such a relaxing day :)

After our shopping trip we went immediately for a ride on Scott's dad's boat in the Newport Harbor. We love looking at all of the HUGE boats and beautiful homes in the harbor, and of course the weather was gorgeous that afternoon.

We were excited to show Jaden and Sienna the sealife in the Harbor including a Pelican and these sealions catching a snooze on someone's boat...
Here is a glimpse of the beautiful homes and boats that we saw during our ride. Does anyone know who once lived here? HINT: It's a famous Hollywood actor, and he sold this house a few years ago for 30 million dollars (WHOA!). Okay, I'll go ahead and tell you--it's Nicholas Cage's old home!
Nextdoor was this beautifully landscaped house...which belongs to the owner of the Four Seasons Hotel in LA. This photo doesn't do the house justice, it was absolutely decked out in flowers and plants!
...and here are the boats that belong to the owner of that home. I enjoyed gawking at them, but I can honestly say I would never want such a huge boat! That would be so much to manage and I would rather just enjoy myself on the water in a smaller boat!
That night we ate dinner at a restaurant in Newport called Blue Water and I had the most fabulous cedar plank salmon ever made! It was melt-in-your-mouth salmon and tasted like none other that I've ever had. Scott had something totally different, but equally appetizing--the seafood stew. Yum!
Day 2 was our trip to Disneyland (see last post!).
So by Day 3, we were ready for the BEACH! We stayed for the majority of our trip in Newport Beach at a GORGEOUS home designed and built by my husband, father-in-law and brother-in-law. It's actually a duplex and my brother-in-law lives in one side. Click HERE to see the listing for the unit we stayed in because it's for sale! Anyway, as I was saying, by Day 3 we were ready to soak up the sun, sand and surf. So after a morning walk we got ready and hit the beach!
Sienna normally isn't a big fan of the beach, but she eventually took to it and had fun. She and Jaden spent time digging in the sand, trying to build sand castles with Mommy, Daddy and Grandma (my inlaws joined us on this trip!), and sticking their toes in the water.
Jaden went a little further into the water with Scott and at one point told him, "put me in that water so that I can SWIM!"--she didn't understand the tide and that it was salt water. She just thought the ocean was one big swimming pool!
After playing with Jaden and Sienna in the sand for awhile, Scott and his brother decided to do some body surfing. They had fun riding the waves and we had fun watching them from the sand!
After our trip to the beach Jaden and Sienna took nice long naps and we had some fresh fish at a local Newport restaurant called Bear Flag Fish Co. for dinner. It was such a relaxing day :)On Day 4 we headed out early to go shopping! One reason we went to California when we did was because our friend Eric was getting married and Scott needed to get something to wear to the wedding. It was a great opportunity to hit Fashion Island and check out all of the awesome stores and boutiques there! I had so much fun window shopping in some of the children's stores and Jaden and Sienna enjoyed the fountains and riding the carousel. Scott got a huge bargain on an outfit for the wedding, so we were thrilled for that!
We ate lunch at Fashion Island and the girls were being so cute that I just had to snap a few photos...

After our shopping trip we went immediately for a ride on Scott's dad's boat in the Newport Harbor. We love looking at all of the HUGE boats and beautiful homes in the harbor, and of course the weather was gorgeous that afternoon.
We were excited to show Jaden and Sienna the sealife in the Harbor including a Pelican and these sealions catching a snooze on someone's boat...
Here is a glimpse of the beautiful homes and boats that we saw during our ride. Does anyone know who once lived here? HINT: It's a famous Hollywood actor, and he sold this house a few years ago for 30 million dollars (WHOA!). Okay, I'll go ahead and tell you--it's Nicholas Cage's old home!
Nextdoor was this beautifully landscaped house...which belongs to the owner of the Four Seasons Hotel in LA. This photo doesn't do the house justice, it was absolutely decked out in flowers and plants!
...and here are the boats that belong to the owner of that home. I enjoyed gawking at them, but I can honestly say I would never want such a huge boat! That would be so much to manage and I would rather just enjoy myself on the water in a smaller boat!
That night we ate dinner at a restaurant in Newport called Blue Water and I had the most fabulous cedar plank salmon ever made! It was melt-in-your-mouth salmon and tasted like none other that I've ever had. Scott had something totally different, but equally appetizing--the seafood stew. Yum!On Day 5 it was Saturday and we headed south to San Diego for our friend Eric's wedding. It was a wonderful setting for a wedding with views of many beautiful homes and large multi-million dollar boats! Jaden and Sienna accompanied us to the wedding of course and while they were a bit of a handful at dinner, they made up for it with some adorable moves on the dance floor afterwards! To wrap this up, here are a few photos we took before the wedding...
Well there you have it for Part 2! Stay tuned for our final few photos from the trip tomorrow. Looking back at these photos so far makes me want to head back out there! Of course here at home the leaves are turning and fall is in the air which I love, so I can't really complain. I'm off now to finish unpacking from our trip and then get out our autumn decorations. Happy Sunday everyone!





Comments