Second Grader


It was back to school week here and our sweet, fashionable, independent Jadie-girl started SECOND grade! She got ready, out the door and on the bus like it was nothing. She was so excited to start this new adventure.

Two nights before the first day of school we got to meet Jaden's teacher and found out she was our former neighbor just down the street! We never knew her well, but she looked familiar and knew me from my days as president of our town's preschool parents group. What a nice connection we already have as the year begins!

I feel like one giant cliche for always saying that I can't believe how time flies by so quickly. It truly, truly does. How can it be that it was EIGHT years ago right now that Jaden was kicking my ribs so often and so hard that they were bruised for weeks even after she was born? How can I be the Mama to a second grader?!?! I have so many memories of my own 2nd grade year--this makes me realize how much she will remember about this year. I hope that all the memories she makes are great ones and that she always looks back fondly at this school year.

We are off to a great start so far and Jaden loves her class, her teacher, her new routines at school, etc.  My hope and my prayer is for the whole year to go as smoothly as and be as positive as these first days have been!

Second grade rocks Jaden, and so do you!

Comments

Popular Posts