Baby Elephant and Baby Mark

Over the past weekend my girls and I took a trip to Columbus.  My mom moved way south of the city (sad!), but we still have so many friends and family members in town to visit and we love to visit the Columbus Zoo and COSI as much as we can.

On Friday we packed up, left and headed straight for the zoo.  I am always grateful that my daughters enjoy the animals as much as I do and are as enthusiastic for going to the zoo as I am.  We visited the polar bears and the sleepy brown bears first and then the little elephant who is now a cute 4-year-old toddler!


The girls explored a polar bear themed playground and then hopped into this real bear trap.  I loved that they were growling and showing their teeth and "claws" in the trap.  They are so funny!  Bristol follows along with anything her big sisters do these days :)


I don't have to ask these sweeties to pose twice--they are naturals for mama's pictures!


After the bears we went to the elephants.  The "baby" is getting bigger and wasn't as playful this time as he has been on previous trips, but he's still very active and so precious.  I would love to see another baby elephant one day--this one was such a celebrity when he was born.


Also during our trip to Columbus I helped to host a baby shower for my very good friend of 24 years--Carter.  The ladies who did this shower each contributed in such special, personal ways and it turned out to be a beautiful and lovely event for Carter and her baby Mark who is due in less than 2 months!

Here are Carter and I--


And here is the GORGEOUS set up!  The food was delicious and everything looked amazing.  I cannot say enough how much I love all things nautical, so I was thrilled to find out Carter is decorating baby Mark's room in a nautical theme and that the shower was going to have the same theme.





(I made this fabric scrap banner--my first one and it turned out beautifully!  Carter is going to use it as a decoration in the baby's room!)






(The food not only was set up so nicely, but it was DELICIOUS!  I will have to share some recipes as I get them.  I can't take a single bit of credit for the food; but I can tell you it was all very yummy.)


Carter and I met in elementary school, but she has become friends with my college roommates over the years so they came to the shower.  It was wonderful to see them--Meredith, Carolyn and Lindsay--and to meet baby Jax who Meredith is holding (but he belongs to Lindsay in the pink--um yes she just had a baby and looks incredible!).


My girls were dressed to match the shower theme and were very good I must say.  A shower isn't much fun for little ones, but my friend Mindy's mom brought them the sweetest little gift bags filled with things to keep them busy during the event!



This is Brody, Jax' big brother who is a few months older than Bristol.  He got to be there too and he's just too cute not to show.  My friends make adorable kids, what can I say?! ;-)


We gave Carter several items for baby Mark's room and then I also made him two little bow ties.  I couldn't resist, and I think her reaction was perfect!



Now we just have to find the perfect collared shirt for him to wear with his little ties!  I can't wait to see him wear them :)

We did some other things in Columbus which I'll share later, but this is all for tonight.  I'm exhausted after a long day of gymnastics with all three girls, shopping, bow making and a bit of unpacking from the weekend.  Tonight we had meet-the-teacher night at the elementary school and as I uploaded these baby shower photos tonight I couldn't help but think that it seems like just last week we were celebrating my first baby shower.  Now 8 years later I'm getting ready to send one daughter off to 2nd grade and another off to kindergarten!  Time sure flies when you're having fun, and these years sure have been that and more :)


Comments

Popular Posts