A Flurry of FIRSTS!

Today Jaden  was up bright and early to get ready for her first day of FIRST GRADE!  She had requested eggs and toast for breakfast, so a heaping plateful awaited her when she came down stairs.  After breakfast she dressed in the adorable dress she picked out at the mall as I put the finishing touches on the coordinating headband I made for her to wear today.



She looked sophisticated and grown up to me despite the bright colors and childish look of the dress's pattern!  I can't believe I'm the mama to a first grader who will soon be seven years old!

Here's a close-up view of her headband.  I've been working to perfect these grosgrain ribbon flowers over the past six weeks or so, and now I'm ready to list them in my B's Bows Boutique.  Aren't they fun??!!  Jaden LOVED her headband.  I'm so grateful I have a girly girl who even at almost 7 years old still gets excited over all of the things I make for her to wear :)



I had Jaden pose in a few different spots in front of our house and then she wanted to do her own pose which looked like this:


What a little sass!  I love her personality!

As we wrapped up first-day photos, Jaden and her little sisters sat and waited for the school bus to arrive.  They were so sweet sitting all together.


As the bus finally pulled up, Sienna leaned into Jaden for a hug and then Jaden gave her a kiss.  It was unprompted and made my heart absolutely melt.  These girls are SO close and have the most incredible sisterly bond!


Jaden hopped onto the bus and waved to us from her seat.  I was so busy photographing her big smile as she waved to us that I nearly missed little Bristol waving her teeny arm back and forth very fast.  She was enthusiastically saying goodbye to her biggest sister and it was an adorable moment which ended too soon!

Jaden enjoyed every moment of her first day as a first grader and was all smiles as she returned home this afternoon.  Part of her first-day-of-school excitement was another big first for Jadie-girl...she has her first loose tooth! Lots of giggling and tooth-wiggling made for a fun first-day evening and now she's in bed resting up for her second day of first grade!

Comments

Popular Posts