Trick or treat, smell my feet...

It has been a crazy week here at the Vitt household! I thought that the chaos was going to slow down, but boy was I wrong. Thankfully, we've been able to mix a lot of fun into everything else going on (appointments to pick things for the new house, volunteering at Jaden's school, keeping up with the house / laundry, countless errands and so forth). We had a great time celebrating Halloween all of last week and I thought I'd share a few photos from that. The girls got to wear their costumes a number of times--at dance class, to their Little Gym classes, for trick-or-treating at an outdoor shopping area nearby and for the neighborhood trick-or-treat night. They had so much fun dressing up each time and were excited on Sunday night after trick-or-treat to add these costumes to their dress-up box! I'm sure I'll be seeing a lot more of this Ariel outfit and the Pumpkin Princess one :)


@ a nearby outdoor shopping place

wearing Halloween outfits from Grandma Jan--they looked so adorable!

On Sunday night standing next to the Jack-o-lanterns that they each designed and had their daddy cut to their specifications

Unfortunately they had to wear their winter coats for trick-or-treat and cover up their beautiful costumes!

After trick-or-treat with cousins Parker and Preston--these four always have such a good time together!

In the midst of my feeling overwhelmed last week, I made a funny mistake that I can't help but share. Jaden's school doesn't have a Halloween celebration of any kid, so they don't have a chance to wear their costumes at school. She doesn't seem to mind at all because she doesn't know any different. So on Friday I decided to send her to school in the adorable little outfit pictured above from my Mother-in-law. Well, much to my SURPRISE at about 10am my blackberry started blinking with an email from the school discussing the fact that it was PICTURE DAY and that many children had forgotten their picture money, etc. I was so puzzled wondering how I'd missed the picture day memo (some papers from the school got buried while I was cleaning house...oops!) that it took me a few minutes to think about the fact that I hadn't put Jaden in a good outfit for picture-taking!! I'm sure she'll look cute in the photo no matter what, and it's not too late for us to order a few, but I hope that none of the words on her shirt show up in the picture! There are always retakes I suppose... When I picked Jaden up from school she scolded me and told me how everyone in her class was dressed up "fancy" (her exact description!) and asked why we hadn't picked out a fancy dress for her pictures...uh oh. Fortunately it doesn't appear she's holding a grudge against Mommy here, and I promised she could wear something "fancy" another day. The girl can't get enough of wearing frilly dresses!

Well there you have it...I'm not perfect, but I think my girls had a perfectly great week full of fun Halloween celebrations :)

Comments

Rachel said…
Alright missy, what is going on----you seem to have dissapeared! Are you hiding on purpose! I want to know the gender of baby #3! Not nice! I am stalking your blog and your facebook. Grrrrrrrrr.
Life Happens said…
I hope Jaden gets to wear her fancy clothes to school for retakes.

Cute halloween costumes!

Popular Posts