Our life = A ZOO!
I'm not a very diligent blogger. I've apologized for it many times and have tried to do better, but I'm just going to accept it for what it is and stop feeling sorry for not posting as often as many others do!
Live is quite a "zoo" these days :) Our new home is so close to finished, yet there are still many finishing touches that need done. I just took some photos today which show the paint colors going up in the upstairs bedrooms, so I'll share those later. Seeing color on the walls sure makes it seem more complete! We chose carpet this week and that order will go in on Monday, so hopefully they'll be able to install it in a few weeks. Carpenters are working hard to finish our big open staircase, the columns and ceiling in the family room, custom lockers for the mudroom and bench seating in the kitchen. All of these things take time and I'm just not a patient person. I'm trying hard to accept that in order for everything to turn out well I just need to wait, but that's tough when I've said all along that I just want to be moved in for Christmas. We shall see...
When we're not checking out things at the house (which is a daily event right now since so many changes are being made each day!), I'm still doing all of the normal "life" things--taking Jaden to school every morning, keeping our home clean in case we have a showing, having playdates with friends and going on field trips with our preschool parents group. As I shared earlier this week I also got started on some Christmas shopping and I ordered my holiday cards (which came yesterday and are GORGEOUS!!--thanks Shutterfly!). On that note, as I type my printer is popping out fresh labels for the cards. I might actually get them out by next weekend--my first time ever being "on top of things" when it comes to Christmas cards!
Last weekend Jaden had two extra days off of school so we went to my mom's house near Columbus. Since life is quite a "zoo" these days and the weather was perfect last Friday we couldn't help but visit the Columbus Zoo for a few hours.
Jaden and Sienna were so cute and photogenic all day long. I haven't had my camera out much since their birthdays so they were actually excited for once about having me take their picture :)
On the way home Jaden initiated a conversation where she wanted everyone to share their favorite part of the day. My favorite part was seeing the baby elephant who is now a year and a half old. We watched as his mother pushed him off of the rocks, signaling to him that it wasn't time for a splash in the water nearby. Then we witnessed the baby lead its mother and the other elephant in their area over to the only place where bystanders could not see all that was going on. After the adult elephants made some funny sounds and gestures (which made us all wonder what the heck was going on at first!) we could just barely see through tall grasses that the baby was beginning to nurse from his mommy. It was the most amazing, natural thing to see. I was impressed at the intelligence of the animals to move to that private area for feeding time. I love watching the animals and wondering what they are "thinking," so this was incredible for me.



Jaden's favorite part of the day was seeing the Polar bears, an exhibit still pretty new to the Columbus zoo. She loved going down underneath the exhibit where you can view the bears swimming from under the water. Neither of the bears were swimming that day at all, but Jaden was pretending to! She is borderline-OBSESSED with mermaids right now and had fun for about 15 minutes just pretending to swim about under the water as a little mermaid. It was nice and cool, and I had a place to sit down as I watched her so I didn't mind one bit! Sienna joined in the fun make-believe too for awhile.

Sienna's favorite part of our day was watching the big Grizzly bears Brutus and Buckeye. One of them kept walking right along the windows back and forth, back and forth. Each time Sienna would squeal with delight so loud and jump away from the window a little bit (you know, just in case that big bear could get through it--ha!). She just loved the bear's personality and wanted to stand there all day long watching him. The other bear was watching too and hanging out just a few yards away from the windows. It was very cool to see them up close, and so entertaining to see the one walking back and forth so many times. What a little ham that bear is!




As we finished up looking at the animals in the North America section the girls let me take a few fall photos of them. The scenery was perfect and so were their smiles. I'm grateful for these times when they are willing to let me photograph them!
Well our trip to the zoo was a fun day; the everyday life we live being like a zoo though is a chapter I'll be happy to close at any time though :) Thankfully we've kept our December schedule very light with just two holiday events before Christmas and one wedding, and our weekdays are open so that MamaVitt can pack up the house. I'm excited to get my hands on some boxes to begin the process because I know it will put me one step closer to moving into our dream home once it's finally done!
Happy Saturday everyone, and GO BUCKS!
Live is quite a "zoo" these days :) Our new home is so close to finished, yet there are still many finishing touches that need done. I just took some photos today which show the paint colors going up in the upstairs bedrooms, so I'll share those later. Seeing color on the walls sure makes it seem more complete! We chose carpet this week and that order will go in on Monday, so hopefully they'll be able to install it in a few weeks. Carpenters are working hard to finish our big open staircase, the columns and ceiling in the family room, custom lockers for the mudroom and bench seating in the kitchen. All of these things take time and I'm just not a patient person. I'm trying hard to accept that in order for everything to turn out well I just need to wait, but that's tough when I've said all along that I just want to be moved in for Christmas. We shall see...
When we're not checking out things at the house (which is a daily event right now since so many changes are being made each day!), I'm still doing all of the normal "life" things--taking Jaden to school every morning, keeping our home clean in case we have a showing, having playdates with friends and going on field trips with our preschool parents group. As I shared earlier this week I also got started on some Christmas shopping and I ordered my holiday cards (which came yesterday and are GORGEOUS!!--thanks Shutterfly!). On that note, as I type my printer is popping out fresh labels for the cards. I might actually get them out by next weekend--my first time ever being "on top of things" when it comes to Christmas cards!
Last weekend Jaden had two extra days off of school so we went to my mom's house near Columbus. Since life is quite a "zoo" these days and the weather was perfect last Friday we couldn't help but visit the Columbus Zoo for a few hours.
Jaden and Sienna were so cute and photogenic all day long. I haven't had my camera out much since their birthdays so they were actually excited for once about having me take their picture :)
On the way home Jaden initiated a conversation where she wanted everyone to share their favorite part of the day. My favorite part was seeing the baby elephant who is now a year and a half old. We watched as his mother pushed him off of the rocks, signaling to him that it wasn't time for a splash in the water nearby. Then we witnessed the baby lead its mother and the other elephant in their area over to the only place where bystanders could not see all that was going on. After the adult elephants made some funny sounds and gestures (which made us all wonder what the heck was going on at first!) we could just barely see through tall grasses that the baby was beginning to nurse from his mommy. It was the most amazing, natural thing to see. I was impressed at the intelligence of the animals to move to that private area for feeding time. I love watching the animals and wondering what they are "thinking," so this was incredible for me.


Jaden's favorite part of the day was seeing the Polar bears, an exhibit still pretty new to the Columbus zoo. She loved going down underneath the exhibit where you can view the bears swimming from under the water. Neither of the bears were swimming that day at all, but Jaden was pretending to! She is borderline-OBSESSED with mermaids right now and had fun for about 15 minutes just pretending to swim about under the water as a little mermaid. It was nice and cool, and I had a place to sit down as I watched her so I didn't mind one bit! Sienna joined in the fun make-believe too for awhile.
Sienna's favorite part of our day was watching the big Grizzly bears Brutus and Buckeye. One of them kept walking right along the windows back and forth, back and forth. Each time Sienna would squeal with delight so loud and jump away from the window a little bit (you know, just in case that big bear could get through it--ha!). She just loved the bear's personality and wanted to stand there all day long watching him. The other bear was watching too and hanging out just a few yards away from the windows. It was very cool to see them up close, and so entertaining to see the one walking back and forth so many times. What a little ham that bear is!



As we finished up looking at the animals in the North America section the girls let me take a few fall photos of them. The scenery was perfect and so were their smiles. I'm grateful for these times when they are willing to let me photograph them!Well our trip to the zoo was a fun day; the everyday life we live being like a zoo though is a chapter I'll be happy to close at any time though :) Thankfully we've kept our December schedule very light with just two holiday events before Christmas and one wedding, and our weekdays are open so that MamaVitt can pack up the house. I'm excited to get my hands on some boxes to begin the process because I know it will put me one step closer to moving into our dream home once it's finally done!
Happy Saturday everyone, and GO BUCKS!


Comments