8 weeks
As of this past Sunday I am 8 weeks pregnant. The littlest Vitt is now the size of the raspberry I'm holding below!
I've been feeling nauseous off and on all week, but am happy that I'm not as sick as I was during my 2nd pregnancy. After I facebooked about my morning sickness (which actually arrives in the evening most often!) I was given so many great suggestions and bought lemons, ginger, an assorted variety of crackers and SeaBands. The SeaBands work SO WELL as long as I wear them nonstop. So I've resorted to wearing two black wrist bands 24/7 except for while I'm showering and I've been feeling much better! Diet Sprite is also my friend right now during the sick moments.
My biggest craving is CEREAL WITH MILK which is no big surprise since it was also my big craving during my pregnancies with Jaden and Sienna. Before I started wearing the SeaBands, cereal was all I could eat without feeling nauseous afterwards so our breakfast cupboard is stocked :) I guess my body needs what it's craving and this is a great way for me to get my daily dairy needs since I don't usually drink milk or have much dairy in my diet. Ironically, ice cream is my usual dairy option of choice and I can't stomach it much right now! haha
Jaden and Sienna are having fun with the prospect of a new baby brother or sister and ask many questions every day. On Monday they stuffed their "babies" up their shirts and showed me their big bellies...



It's really cute to see them so enthusiastic about my pregnancy. Jaden can't wait to see my belly grow and claims that I need to start eating a lot more to make it bigger (ha!). I'm not sure Sienna grasps everything that is going on, but I know she will be a wonderful big sister because she LOVES babies.
I'm still hitting the gym, though not nearly as hard as I was when I was trying to lose weight. I'm not forcing myself to go when I'm exhausted or sick, but my goal is to make it there at least 3 times a week if possible. I'm lifting twice a week for 30 minutes and doing 30 minutes of cardio every visit. I don't want all of my work up to this point to go down the tube during my pregnancy and I also don't want to gain too much weight so the gym is still my friend :)
Speaking of weight, I'm up 1.5 lbs so far which isn't too bad for 8 weeks along. Of course now that I'm not so sick thanks to the SeaBands my appetite is returning and I need to make sure that I don't eat too much or give into too many cravings now.
Thanks everyone for all of the kind words of congratulations during this time. We are SUPER excited and can't wait to find out if we'll be adding another girl to our mix or if it will be our first boy. I look forward to sharing my pregnancy journey on here so that I can remember the milestones each week.
Have a great day bloggosphere!
I've been feeling nauseous off and on all week, but am happy that I'm not as sick as I was during my 2nd pregnancy. After I facebooked about my morning sickness (which actually arrives in the evening most often!) I was given so many great suggestions and bought lemons, ginger, an assorted variety of crackers and SeaBands. The SeaBands work SO WELL as long as I wear them nonstop. So I've resorted to wearing two black wrist bands 24/7 except for while I'm showering and I've been feeling much better! Diet Sprite is also my friend right now during the sick moments.
My biggest craving is CEREAL WITH MILK which is no big surprise since it was also my big craving during my pregnancies with Jaden and Sienna. Before I started wearing the SeaBands, cereal was all I could eat without feeling nauseous afterwards so our breakfast cupboard is stocked :) I guess my body needs what it's craving and this is a great way for me to get my daily dairy needs since I don't usually drink milk or have much dairy in my diet. Ironically, ice cream is my usual dairy option of choice and I can't stomach it much right now! hahaJaden and Sienna are having fun with the prospect of a new baby brother or sister and ask many questions every day. On Monday they stuffed their "babies" up their shirts and showed me their big bellies...



It's really cute to see them so enthusiastic about my pregnancy. Jaden can't wait to see my belly grow and claims that I need to start eating a lot more to make it bigger (ha!). I'm not sure Sienna grasps everything that is going on, but I know she will be a wonderful big sister because she LOVES babies.I'm still hitting the gym, though not nearly as hard as I was when I was trying to lose weight. I'm not forcing myself to go when I'm exhausted or sick, but my goal is to make it there at least 3 times a week if possible. I'm lifting twice a week for 30 minutes and doing 30 minutes of cardio every visit. I don't want all of my work up to this point to go down the tube during my pregnancy and I also don't want to gain too much weight so the gym is still my friend :)
Speaking of weight, I'm up 1.5 lbs so far which isn't too bad for 8 weeks along. Of course now that I'm not so sick thanks to the SeaBands my appetite is returning and I need to make sure that I don't eat too much or give into too many cravings now.
Thanks everyone for all of the kind words of congratulations during this time. We are SUPER excited and can't wait to find out if we'll be adding another girl to our mix or if it will be our first boy. I look forward to sharing my pregnancy journey on here so that I can remember the milestones each week.
Have a great day bloggosphere!


Comments
I hope the sickness subsides. I love cereal for dinner. Makes cleaning up easy!
As I was saying, your girls look absolutely adorable! Looking forward to following your pregnancy journey!