Easter weekend part 2

Life got away from me for the past few days and I just now got to upload these photos to share with you the second half of our Easter weekend!

On Easter morning our church had 3 services instead of their usual 2, and to avoid the crowds we decided to attend the first service--at 8:30am :) Before church we never even mentioned Easter baskets / eggs / bunny / treats and our girls didn't ask. I think Jaden was so excited to wear her beautiful Easter dress that she'd been asking to wear for weeks that she didn't even think of anything else.

When we got home from church I slipped downstairs and out the back door of our walkout basement to hide eggs and their baskets in the back yard. Scott kept them busy for a few minutes and then we went out for our hunt...




Jaden has been asking for "real fins" for a long time and I have been trying to explain that God made her a human being and not a fish or a mermaid so she cannot "become" one. I stumbled upon these fins though in a google search for mermaid gear and they were the highlight of her Easter...


Sienna was satisfied with just her colorful basket of eggs. I'm not even sure she realized she had a basket until we carried it into the house for her to unpack. Once she did that though she fell in love with a new Hello Kitty shirt and a bag of marshmallows--aw that's my girl!

We spent a few hours just letting the girls play with their new little treats and Scott's mom came over with another bag of Easter goodies for them just as my mom arrived from Columbus with a few Easter packages in tow. Needless to say these girls were not spoiled or anything this holiday!

We had lunch at Mitchell's Fish Market (amazing seafood!) and then everyone took a nap that afternoon (even mama!). After naps it was outside where we spent most of the evening. All in all, it was such a wonderful Easter!

Comments

Popular Posts