Catching up...
These past few weeks have flown by and now more than ever I am in awe of those bloggers who are able to update daily about what they did each day and include photos of the day!
I'm too busy to ever aspire to be that kind of blogger, but I do have a few things to catch up on so here goes!
POTTY TRAINING:
I had quite a few of you ask about potty training via facebook and a few comments on the blog. Sienna is definitely what I could categorize as "trained" at this point and has been since the end of her boot camp week. However, that doesn't mean she hasn't had an occasional accident (only 2-3 in two weeks though!). I carry stretch pants or a pair of jeans and a couple pairs of her underwear with me at all times, as well as a pullup in case we're out or stuck somewhere when naptime should be starting.
As far as readiness for training, which is what most inquiries were about, I knew she was ready once she could:
1. Communicate well about potty, pee-pee, poop, diaper, underwear, and other bathroom vocabulary
2. Showed some interest such as wanting to watch big sis Jaden & mommy go potty and this wasn't a pre-req, but she started cheering us on in the bathroom which helped me to know that if I cheered her on, she would probably go too
3. Wasn't opposed to trying on underwear
4. Could respond to rewards / treats
Another great question that came up was whether Sienna had ever had potty experience at all before our boot camp week. I think I mentioned on here that we tried boot camp over Christmas break and it was unsuccessful because everyone ended up sick and I was sick well into January. So she did have some good training and encouragement for a few days then. A few months prior to that though I got out the potty and started talking with her about it every time we would be in the bathroom. At bathtime, when I was going to the restroom, when brushing her teeth at night and at any other chance I got I would ask her if she'd like to sit on the potty. It's a little time-consuming to do so, but we would even take down her pants and her diaper so that she'd get the hang of sitting there, and it proved well worth it. She even surprised us and peed a few times over the course of the few months the potty was out before boot camp began. As soon as 1 and a half (or sooner depending on your child's communication skills) I would have a potty out and start the conversations about it.
If you have any additional questions now or at any time, let me know! You can comment here, find me on facebook if we're real-life friends or email me at bethany730@aol.com. Thanks for everyone's support as we got through our boot camp week :)
WEIGHT LOSS WEDNESDAY:
I have not forgotten thee! ha! I have been struggling for the past few weeks and it's shown on the scale. I haven't meant to not post my WLW each week, but I have to admit it's a little less motivating to do so when I don't have good news to share :)
I am still maintaining an overall 17.6lb. loss and have been feeling thinner over the past week. I am fitting into size 6 pants from Limited & Express that haven't fit since before I had Sienna. My stomach is flatter than ever since having kids and I'm looking forward to wearing bikinis on my cruise!
In order to help me overcome this plateau I've changed my workout routine over the past week. I have replaced some of my arc trainer workouts with the regular eliptical and with running intervals on the treadmill (4 min @ 6.4 mph followed by 2 min @ 3.7 mph for 30 minutes). I added spinning on Saturday mornings and even tried out Zumba! I am still lifting 3x per week and LOVE when I feel sore from a good lifting session.
I'm finding that I'm hungrier on days I don't hit the gym and I get upset when I can't make it to the gym (such as this week when two days I had sick kiddos!) because I know that I don't have activity points for that day which means I can't eat as much as the days when I work out. It totally bums me out and I need to just focus on the good days and not get down on the days when I can't fit in a sweat session...
MINI-FLIPS @ THE LITTLE GYM:
Jaden had her first Mini-Flips class at the little gym two weeks ago and I totally forgot my camera! I'm sorry I don't have any pics to share. She was on spring break last week and yesterday couldn't go because she was sick, so I'll be sure to take a photo of her the next time she's at class. I noticed her working very hard during her class and goofing off less. I think having other motivated little girls in there helps her to take it a little more seriously. I'm excited to see how this helps her to advance with her skills. Go Jaden!
THIS WEEK:
I am going to try to be a diligent blogger and get some cute photos up that I've taken recently. I can't promise though because I'm going to be a busy little bee trying to get everything ready for our cruise :) I just made my to-do list for the week and it's not very long, but each thing on it is time consuming. Not to mention I'd like to get into the gym everyday so that I might be able to lose another pound or two before we leave. 7 days from right now my bags will be packed by the door and I'll probably not be able to sleep because I'll be so excited. Woohoo!
Have a great week everyone :)
I'm too busy to ever aspire to be that kind of blogger, but I do have a few things to catch up on so here goes!
POTTY TRAINING:
I had quite a few of you ask about potty training via facebook and a few comments on the blog. Sienna is definitely what I could categorize as "trained" at this point and has been since the end of her boot camp week. However, that doesn't mean she hasn't had an occasional accident (only 2-3 in two weeks though!). I carry stretch pants or a pair of jeans and a couple pairs of her underwear with me at all times, as well as a pullup in case we're out or stuck somewhere when naptime should be starting.
As far as readiness for training, which is what most inquiries were about, I knew she was ready once she could:
1. Communicate well about potty, pee-pee, poop, diaper, underwear, and other bathroom vocabulary
2. Showed some interest such as wanting to watch big sis Jaden & mommy go potty and this wasn't a pre-req, but she started cheering us on in the bathroom which helped me to know that if I cheered her on, she would probably go too
3. Wasn't opposed to trying on underwear
4. Could respond to rewards / treats
Another great question that came up was whether Sienna had ever had potty experience at all before our boot camp week. I think I mentioned on here that we tried boot camp over Christmas break and it was unsuccessful because everyone ended up sick and I was sick well into January. So she did have some good training and encouragement for a few days then. A few months prior to that though I got out the potty and started talking with her about it every time we would be in the bathroom. At bathtime, when I was going to the restroom, when brushing her teeth at night and at any other chance I got I would ask her if she'd like to sit on the potty. It's a little time-consuming to do so, but we would even take down her pants and her diaper so that she'd get the hang of sitting there, and it proved well worth it. She even surprised us and peed a few times over the course of the few months the potty was out before boot camp began. As soon as 1 and a half (or sooner depending on your child's communication skills) I would have a potty out and start the conversations about it.
If you have any additional questions now or at any time, let me know! You can comment here, find me on facebook if we're real-life friends or email me at bethany730@aol.com. Thanks for everyone's support as we got through our boot camp week :)
WEIGHT LOSS WEDNESDAY:
I have not forgotten thee! ha! I have been struggling for the past few weeks and it's shown on the scale. I haven't meant to not post my WLW each week, but I have to admit it's a little less motivating to do so when I don't have good news to share :)
I am still maintaining an overall 17.6lb. loss and have been feeling thinner over the past week. I am fitting into size 6 pants from Limited & Express that haven't fit since before I had Sienna. My stomach is flatter than ever since having kids and I'm looking forward to wearing bikinis on my cruise!
In order to help me overcome this plateau I've changed my workout routine over the past week. I have replaced some of my arc trainer workouts with the regular eliptical and with running intervals on the treadmill (4 min @ 6.4 mph followed by 2 min @ 3.7 mph for 30 minutes). I added spinning on Saturday mornings and even tried out Zumba! I am still lifting 3x per week and LOVE when I feel sore from a good lifting session.
I'm finding that I'm hungrier on days I don't hit the gym and I get upset when I can't make it to the gym (such as this week when two days I had sick kiddos!) because I know that I don't have activity points for that day which means I can't eat as much as the days when I work out. It totally bums me out and I need to just focus on the good days and not get down on the days when I can't fit in a sweat session...
MINI-FLIPS @ THE LITTLE GYM:
Jaden had her first Mini-Flips class at the little gym two weeks ago and I totally forgot my camera! I'm sorry I don't have any pics to share. She was on spring break last week and yesterday couldn't go because she was sick, so I'll be sure to take a photo of her the next time she's at class. I noticed her working very hard during her class and goofing off less. I think having other motivated little girls in there helps her to take it a little more seriously. I'm excited to see how this helps her to advance with her skills. Go Jaden!
THIS WEEK:
I am going to try to be a diligent blogger and get some cute photos up that I've taken recently. I can't promise though because I'm going to be a busy little bee trying to get everything ready for our cruise :) I just made my to-do list for the week and it's not very long, but each thing on it is time consuming. Not to mention I'd like to get into the gym everyday so that I might be able to lose another pound or two before we leave. 7 days from right now my bags will be packed by the door and I'll probably not be able to sleep because I'll be so excited. Woohoo!
Have a great week everyone :)


Comments