Flashback Friday

Well here I sit today in our condo at the bottom of lift 7 on a gorgeous blue-sky sunny day in Telluride, Colorado. I couldn't help but make my flashback today about this amazing town. Just one year ago, we came out here with our friends Jeff and Shannon for what now has become an annual trip. Scott had made the trip for many years and decided it was time I learned how to participate in his all-time favorite sport--downhill skiing. I'd skied a handful of times on rough, icy Ohio ski hills, but nothing compared to what I experienced here in Telluride last year. Shannon and I took three days of lessons with an instructor named Michelle (highly recommed her!) and quickly moved through wedge turning to parallel turns down greens, then double greens, followed by a few blues. Here are Shannon and I with Michelle at the top of the mountain:











I am so grateful for all that Michelle taught us during our first ski trip and was able to advance a teeny bit more this trip thanks to the solid groundwork formed a year ago. (more about this year's trip to come once we get home and I sort through the hundreds of photos and notes I've taken!!)

The only other time I've been to Telluride was in the summer of 2005. I as pregnant with Jaden and could not enjoy some of the available activities in the mountains (like hiking, horse back riding, biking, etc.) but we made the trip worthwhile nonetheless. Scott was excited to show me his favorite destination on earth and I was eager to see what I'd heard so much about. Here we are just before driving up to Bridal Veil Falls (you can see the beautiful falls behind us!!):





We also rode some of the jeep trails (well, I should say I rode, Scott drove!) and I just about had a panic attack as we rode a trail of jagged rocks with a cliff inches from the side of our jeep's tire. Our friends Kurt and Kristin were with us and having a great time while I wanted to get out of the jeep and start walking!! Scott talked me into staying in the jeep and when we got to the top we saw huge walls of snow still leftover from the previous winter:



The scenery out here is beautiful both wintertime and summer, and I am so grateful to have been able to experience both. I cannot wait to share some details about this trip as soon as we get home to Ohio!













Comments

Popular Posts