So, it's NOT ME MONDAY!! This lovely MckMama came up with the brilliant idea which is both therapeutic and funny, so I'm giving it a whirl. And no, I'm not writing this on Sunday night when I should be packing and getting sleep before our big trip out west tomorrow..hehe!

Well, where to start?

On Friday, I most certainly did not get caught up in two of my latest indulgences (Jon & Kate + 8 and reading wonderful blogs!) while forgetting that I had devoted the day to packing for our trip and cleaning the house. I did not realize at 2pm that I had done nothing productive that day during the girls' naptime and then frantically run around the house cleaning everything in sight. And during this time I of course did not almost make Jaden late for cheerleading class as I tried to make it look like I'd been a busy little homemaker all day long--haha!

I did not finally begin a project for my mom that was supposed to be part of her 50th-birthday gift (her b-day was last July!) this week with hopes to give it to her for Mother's day. I would never!

I was not so hungry on Monday at our Chick-Fil-A lunch that I almost did not notice Sienna taking lettuce from my salad and trying to feed it to baby Piper, my friend Carla's little girl! My eyes were on the kids the whole time, not on my grilled chicken garden salad of course! ha!

I did not think about it being my cousin's birthday all week, only to then call her a day late because her actual birthday was the only day she wasn't on my mind all week (sorry Jenny--love ya babe!). I would not be so forgetful and mommy-brained!

I did not wrap my sister's birthday gift this morning, after her birthday celebration was held at my house last night and then hand it to her nonchalantly as if it'd been wrapped since her actual 22nd birthday last Sunday :)

I did not finally end my anti-fried-food venture after going a month eating nothing fried this week....oops, and I most certainly did not end up having french fries this week more than once!

Well there you have it--I'm so not perfect and I don't care! Being able to laugh at myself through these things is what makes life so much fun. Now though, I had better get some rest because we leave at 5:30am for Telluride tomorrow!

Comments

Popular Posts