The Sunday Skinny

Yesterday, I went with a group of friends and their husbands to Put-In-Bay. It's a local island on Lake Erie that, if you've read this blog at all, you know we go to a lot. It's great with kids, as a fun girls' trip, with couples, etc. We've gone overnight as well as for day trips. It's always a lot of fun (and perch tacos at The Goat are AMAZING!!).

Anyway, as we visited the local hangouts on PIB, the girls were posting photos on social media of us. They were so cute...and I looked so terrible. As if I needed one, it was a wake-up-call...

For 7 months I have been gaining weight. I'm more physically active than I ever have been in my entire life, yet I'm currently 24 lbs higher than I was last November to around February 1st. Before that, I don't really "count" because my ski accident caused me to lose a lot of weight and then as I started gaining it back, I gained a little too much (a few lbs is all!) so I lost it again. What I weighed last November to February was what I weighed pre-accident. It's my good weight. 

I have been to three doctors about the weight and my physical therapist has given his opinion too. At this point, we have looked into EVERYTHING and have hit a wall. To give an idea...

Yesterday:








Last summer:






To say I feel defeated is an understatement. ESPECIALLY because when I am following an eating plan, I always lose in week 1, then plateau or gain from week 2 on... This exact thing happened last month as I began the Sunday skinny!

Together with my therapist, late last week I thought of ONE.MORE thing to try. I am hopeful. I am optimistic that those photos will be a has-been. 

So for 6 weeks I am going to try this new plan. For 40 days I'm going to do so WITHOUT stepping on a scale! 

Here is the plan:
1) Continue PiYo
2) Do 30 min elliptical daily
3) Follow weight watchers / 1200 calories per day 
4) Shakeology for dinner. If I'm still hungry vegetables or fruit may be added. 

For these 40 days, I am committing to sharing my daily food log here as well. Accountability, accountability, accountabity!

If you follow me on Instagram, I will also be posting a daily workout photo. You've been warned. Ha! I know those photos are taboo, but I don't care!!

Here goes one last ditch effort... #opperationleanout

Comments

Unknown said…
Once Charlotte's BD is over I am joining you!

Popular Posts