Mommyhood Chaos

Yesterday I had a nice taste of the chaos of wearing the 'bus driver' hat of motherhood. 

There were 20 minutes after the bus dropped the big girls off for dinner before dance class.

All 3 girls had to be loaded into the car to fight traffic all the way to dance.

Jaden and Bristol stayed in the car while I got out and walked Sienna into class. Oh yeah, and I had to pull her hair back on the way.

We raced home and 5 minutes later Scott took Jaden to gymnastics while I shoveled in some lukewarm dinner and entertained Bristol.

Then he picked up Sienna and dropped her at a play date near our house. 

Jaden and Sienna were both ready to be picked up 45 minutes after he got home.

And I was ready for a NAP! Or a glass of wine! Or BOTH!!!



I know there are families who do this nightly or who do way more pick-ups and drop-offs. But I am so glad we do not. I am so glad this was an atypical night that proved to me just how good we have it. I am so glad we have 2 nights during the week and all weekend to be a family. I am so glad we have dinner all together 6 out of 7 nights a week. 

I am beyond blessed. And so are Scott and our girls. 

I am very content with our decision!!



Comments

Popular Posts