Telluride, Tots and Technology
I write this morning at the base of the mountain, sunshine pouring in through the big wall of windows at the condo, in Telluride, Colorado. It is truly beautiful here in every way. I skied a second day yesterday and decided to take today off to give Scott the chance to focus on just skiing the blacks and double blacks that he loves. He has been so generous with his time taking me on blues and greens, and yesterday he even challenged me to my first double blue. I was terrified, but I did it! We split up some these past few days, but also skied a lot together. I am so grateful that Scott has been willing to ski the easy runs with me :)


Recognize the landscape from the above photo? That middle peak, Wilson Peak, is featured on every can of Coors Light! There are many great views off the mountain in Telluride, but this one is probably the best. And yes, the sky is THAT blue. The only camera I brought was my iphone and I didn't edit these photos at all--no need to!

There we are at the top of lift 7. The condo we stay in is at the base of lift 7, so we literally get to walk out, snap our skis on and board the lift, then get dropped off right here where we took this photo. Scott's dad measured yesterday and says we have the closest residence to any lift! It could not possibly be more convenient.
And you know what else sure is convenient while we're away? Technology! This is the first time we've left our girls for more than a weekend and had the opportunity to facetime and text with them through our iphones and their ipods. I am loving all of the photos and texts they send me. They sure are fond of selfies, ha! We've been able to facetime twice since we left which also is amazing. Getting to see their expressions and blow kisses through the phones to one another is a blessing that makes missing them a little easier. I cannot wait to bring them here to Telluride one day, hopefully sooner rather than later. I think they each would love it here. While they cannot be here this time though, these adorable photos and messages they're sending us will continue to brighten our days as much as the Colorado sunshine :)










Comments