Telluride 2014
Good morning from sunny Telluride, Colorado! Scott and I had the opportunity to come here for 8 days with Scott's dad, brother and brother's girlfriend Jenna and without our entourage of little girls, so of course did all we could to make it happen. Scott has been skiing for his entire life and amazes me with his advanced skill set and lack of fear! I still consider myself a beginner having only ever skied a handful of days, but I actually felt comfortable on the blue runs yesterday and can't wait to get out to try some more out today.
I typically hate cold, bundling up and snow. But it's in the 30s and 40s here and with views like this, who could not enjoy the mountain?
We had lunch at a place called Gorrono Ranch which you can only get to by skiing in. While we would never think to eat outside in 40-degree weather in Ohio, on the ski mountain it felt great.
We took the Telluride Trail home and got to see town from atop the mountain. It is such a quaint small town with a lot of charm. Surrounded on both sides by mountains, Telluride is one of a kind.
Second to skiing, the greatest part of Telluride are the delicious restaurants to eat dinner at each evening. We had a delicious dinner with Scott's family at Floradora and then picked up treats for dessert at Baked in Telluride on the way back to the condo.
It's almost time to hit the mountain for day two. I truly cannot believe I'm excited to head up. I've been bit by the ski bug :)








Comments