Thankfulness Days 2-7


I don't mean to ever neglect this lovely family journal, but truth be told, our days are filled with so much that I end up exhausted most times by the end of the evening and not able to sit down to write anything.


Last winter, I took a photography course where I learned quite a bit, though I still have miles to go.  I'm not interested in photography as a business, but I do want to be able to take and edit photos of my daughters.  I hate studio photos and I can't afford 1-3 photo sessions a year by any of the photographers I love.  So...I am trying to do it on my own.  So anyway, these are my girls' 7-year, 5-year and 18-month photos straight out of the camera!


At the end of each day this week I've thought about what I'm most thankful for that day.  I love listing the things I'm thankful for each November.  I've considered trying to list things for the entire year because why should Thanksgiving be just once a year?  I find that an attitude of gratitude makes me the happiest, most fulfilled that I can be.


November 2--I am OVERWHELMED with thankfulness for driving to our house and seeing that the electric company was FINALLY working on our power lines!  We got to see them arrive and see the truck with the new telephone poles on it!  They worked for over 8 hours and our power was restored at 8:50pm.  I am very thankful for the hardworking men and women who spent long days getting power back on for us and for everyone else!!


November 3--I am thankful to my own comfortable bed.  There's nothing like your own bed!  I think ours is especially best because we have an awesome mattress that we got about 5 years ago and we have the most amazing water-filled pillows from our chiropractors.  I took a nap today even though I was plenty rested last night just because I couldn't wait to lie down in my own bed!


November 4--I am thankful for the close-knit group of mommy friends I have here.  We played Bunco last night and had a blast.  I was runner up for the big win, but I always feel like the big winner when I get together with these ladies because they are fun, supportive and great listeners.  Not to mention they know how to put on a good party with great food & drinks!  I am especially thankful for my friend Julie, the ringleader as I like to call her, who is always planning the next mommy's night out.  She has done so much for me from coordinating meals when we had Bristol to planning awesome socials just when we all need a break.  Love ya Jules!!


November 5--I am thankful for my hardworking, great-providing, helpful hubby.  He should come before any of the above dates, and he does.  He is the best father to our three little girls and has the patience of a saint almost every moment of the day.  He's funny, he's thoughtful, he's the most intelligent man I know.  We get on one another's last nerve at least weekly, but he really is the best husband for me and I never have to question God on why he made us a match.  Thank you for all that you do for me and for our family Scotty V!!


November 6--I'm thankful that I live in AMERICA.  I'm thankful for my right to vote, for the way our government operates (even when I don't agree with a decision or a program!), and for all of the freedoms we have in this country!   Three cheers to the red, white & blue--here's to the next 4 years Mr. President!


November 7--I'm thankful for fresh starts.  I'm thankful that even though the events of the past few months, and especially weeks, have caused me to veer off track in terms of weight watchers, today is a new day and tonight I get to reflect and plan for losing the few pounds that have crept back on as well as losing a few additional ones.  I'm thankful for my meeting location, for my friends Ashley and Heidi who go each week and provide tremendous support for me and for my meeting leader who is my WW "mom."  There is NO leader better than Lisa!!  I'm thankful to be able to share Weight Loss Wednesdays again (Thursday edition this week--will go up tomorrow morning!) and for the incredible support that many of you offer to me.  I am prepped and ready--let's get back on the weight loss train!!

So there you have it--my past week of Thanks :)  Those last two photos of Bristol aren't the greatest, but just reflect her personality right now.  She is SUCH a stinker!  She was playing in the leaves as her daddy was blowing them after our little photo shoot and was so cute running around.  Then she just stood back and watched Scott with the leaf blower and crossed her arms all by herself.  I don't think she could possibly make us laugh and smile any more than she already does.  Tonight I said, "Scott, watch what she does now; it's so cute" and before I could share how she does motions for 5 little monkeys jumping on the bed he put it best with, "there isn't anything she does right now that isn't CUTE!"

Big sisters Jaden and Sienna are pretty awesome themselves too.  I'll share some more photos of them soon--they were great for their first "official" birthday shoot with mommy.  I hope to make time soon to share birthday posts about each of them with what they're up to these days.  They are growing up and making me one proud mama in numerous ways!  I could not possibly be more in love with my three girls!

Comments

Oh my goodness, your girls are absolutely gorgeous!! You do an amazing job on their pictures...way to go! Love your thankfulness list...you have such a sweet heart. :)
Life Happens said…
Great shots of your beautiful girls!! You have so much to be thankful for!