Thanksgiving Week
Surely I must be wrong--we cannot be past Thanksgiving already! Yes, I ate the turkey and stuffing and pumpkin pie on Thursday, but was that really Thanksgiving? Time, please slow down! I really, really wish that could happen. It seems like day after day, month after month life gets more and more chaotic. I feel like a broken record saying that over and over again in many different ways on this blog.
We had a wonderful week. Last Sunday my mom and I took the big girls to see Beauty and the Beast downtown at the Cleveland Playhouse. Both girls enjoyed the show, as did my mom and I. Sienna was absolutely mesmerized the entire time. I told her we were going to see the "real" Belle and Beast and she had no idea what was in store. She could have gazed down at them on stage all day and night!
I've only made a whole turkey twice and both times I've brined it before roasting. It turns out SO moist and yummy! The brine this year included water, kosher salt, lemons, oranges, garlic and other seasonings. Delicious!
I've been fighting a bad cold, which my lovely daughters shared with me (we battled 4 ear infections, 4 pink eyes and 1 stomach bug last week--ugh!). In perfect timing my sister Mandy came to visit Friday morning and I spent 90% of the day in my PJs and lying in the recliner. Mandy is amazing with her nieces so she kept them busy and I got to rest up and get back to feeling good!
Yesterday after the big Buckeye win (yeah OSU!) Mandy and I went to get our hair cut. I tried to take a pic this morning--love the slight change in my style...
We won! I still can't believe it. Woohoo Brownies! It felt so good to be able to walk out with our heads high after the win. I'm so glad I went to the game with Scott and that we got to witness the win.
(Scott was eating peanuts during the game and must've had something on his tooth...oops)
Tonight we said goodbye to my sister Mandy and I met up with some girlfriends for an annual ornament exchange at a vineyard nearby. Talk about a FULL day!
Overall it has been a wonderful week, though much too fast as always. Tomorrow begins a new week with a hectic schedule, but one of these days I'll finally figure out how to fit all of the important things in and forget about the unimportant :) Thanks for checking in and happy belated Thanksgiving!!
We had a wonderful week. Last Sunday my mom and I took the big girls to see Beauty and the Beast downtown at the Cleveland Playhouse. Both girls enjoyed the show, as did my mom and I. Sienna was absolutely mesmerized the entire time. I told her we were going to see the "real" Belle and Beast and she had no idea what was in store. She could have gazed down at them on stage all day and night!
I have more photos from our fun day at the musical on my camera, but since it might be another week before I get to those, I thought I'd just share the one above from my phone.
We hosted Thanksgiving here at our house this year. My stepmom, sisters Lindsey & Kim and their families came. Well, Kim doesn't have a family exactly, but her fiance was here. Also, Scott's dad joined us. It was a nice day, albeit crazy with 6 kiddos :) I told someone yesterday that by the time we're as calm as the families you see sitting down to their Thanksgiving dinners on sitcoms and commercials, I'll deeply miss these days.
I made turkey and green beans, and everyone else contributed additional sides, desserts and drinks. Here was our turkey getting ready to go into it's brine on Wednesday morning!
I've only made a whole turkey twice and both times I've brined it before roasting. It turns out SO moist and yummy! The brine this year included water, kosher salt, lemons, oranges, garlic and other seasonings. Delicious!
I've been fighting a bad cold, which my lovely daughters shared with me (we battled 4 ear infections, 4 pink eyes and 1 stomach bug last week--ugh!). In perfect timing my sister Mandy came to visit Friday morning and I spent 90% of the day in my PJs and lying in the recliner. Mandy is amazing with her nieces so she kept them busy and I got to rest up and get back to feeling good!
Yesterday after the big Buckeye win (yeah OSU!) Mandy and I went to get our hair cut. I tried to take a pic this morning--love the slight change in my style...
My eyes are crazy in that pic--haha. I look scared--maybe I was afraid because Scott was driving?? Just kidding honey :)
Scott and I went downtown today to watch the Browns game. I have to admit, I was skeptical. The Browns always seem to let me down when I attend the games and since we were playing our big rivals, the Steelers, I especially did not want to endure a loss. Steelers fans are the MOST OBNOXIOUS people when they win! (Sorry to my friends who love Pittsburgh--you know I don't mean you!)
Well...to my surprise...
We won! I still can't believe it. Woohoo Brownies! It felt so good to be able to walk out with our heads high after the win. I'm so glad I went to the game with Scott and that we got to witness the win.
(Scott was eating peanuts during the game and must've had something on his tooth...oops)
Tonight we said goodbye to my sister Mandy and I met up with some girlfriends for an annual ornament exchange at a vineyard nearby. Talk about a FULL day!
Overall it has been a wonderful week, though much too fast as always. Tomorrow begins a new week with a hectic schedule, but one of these days I'll finally figure out how to fit all of the important things in and forget about the unimportant :) Thanks for checking in and happy belated Thanksgiving!!








Comments