Going All Peter Walsh On Our Playroom

On Saturday, we celebrated Jaden's and Sienna's birthdays with 25 of their young friends plus some family and a few of our friends.  The girls got way too many generous gifts from everyone who came.  I decided as I took a basket filled with some of the gifts upstairs to find places for them that our playroom was in major need of an organizational overhaul.

So today, as I posted on facebook, I "went all Peter Walsh on our playroom!"
**Don't know Peter Walsh??  Click on his name to go to his site--he's the adorable British organizer who makes every enormous project seem easy and do-able!

So anyway, this is what our playroom looked like before.  Mind you, my 5- and 7-year-old called this "clean."  Ha!


And now, after 5 hours of intense dumping, organizing, purging, etc., this is what our playroom looks like:


I cannot even describe how good it feels to have this space more functional for the girls.  Even Bristol had some fun playing in the clean room after her nap today!  I wish we had space in the closet to store a few more of the big items so that the walls weren't lined with so many things, but the shelves don't allow for us to store the larger toys.  Regardless, I did the very best that I could with what I had on hand and I'm so happy with how it turned out.  During the first 10 or so months that we lived here I kept this room looking pretty good and then I left it up to my girls...I think I'll keep checking in on how things are and keep up with it more regularly again now that I experienced what a job it was to reorganize today! 

I wonder which room I should go all Peter Walsh on next?  Craft Room?  Den?  We'll see!  :)

Comments

Life Happens said…
Looks amazing! The question is, how long will it stay that way??! I'm sure its hard to keep anything clean with three little girls. I bet your girls loved it though!