Good Weather & Hand-Me-Downs

Yesterday and today were both so beautiful.  I wish Ohio weather was always mild like these two days!  We definitely took advantage of the beautiful temps both days and spent as much time outside as we could.  Yesterday we took a break from playing to take a walk before Jaden got home from school.  I bribed Sienna and Bristol to sit in the stroller nicely with goldfish :)  They loved the walk as much as I did.


I also took some photos of the girls yesterday that will serve as their 18-month, 5-year and 7-year photos.  Since I took a photography course last winter, I'm determined to take yearly photographs on my own, but now I need a course on editing.  Actually I might not need a course, but I need to set aside the time to figure out photoshop!!

As usual I am so behind on sharing special things here, and I can't promise I'll ever catch up, but I'll certainly try.  I have my new niece's newborn photos, pumpkin patch pictures from our family's visit there and birthday party photos and details from this past weekend just to name a few things.  I'd also like to get a birthday post up about Jaden and Sienna and what they're up to these days.

In the meantime, I may not have those posts ready to go, but I do need to get this story written down now before I forget. 


For the past few years, Jaden has had a couple of options for fall and winter coats--usually thanks to one of her grandparents picking them out for her.  Well this year she outgrew all of her jackets and coats, and was down to only one option for a fall jacket.  She mentioned once or twice that she wished she had another coat.  I honestly didn't know if she really cared or was just making conversation when she brought up the topic of outerwear.  Well, I've become quite the bargain shopper recently on a private site similar to Craig's List for moms in our area and I put the note out that I was looking for jackets in Jaden's size.  The one Jaden's wearing above came available so I bought it, washed it and put it in Jaden's locker here at home.  The morning Jaden found this jacket she was SO excited.  She had no idea it was pre-owned and I don't think that even would have mattered if she did know.  She was just thrilled to have another jacket.  She chose to wear it immediately and went on and on about how it could be an early birthday present and how happy she was. 

I know that there are children who don't even own one coat--we are so blessed--and I know Jaden didn't really need a second jacket, hand-me-down or not.  But her gratefulness on this morning really touched me.  My girls (and I, for that matter) have more than we would ever need, but it never has to be brand new or a certain color / style / etc. for us to feel thankful and blessed.  I am so glad I put it out there to find Jaden another jacket because it meant something to her and the gratitude she expressed as a result was just beautiful.  Thank YOU Jadie-girl for being so sweet and for your thankful heart!

Comments

Popular Posts