Resolutions 2016
I had heard before that people did not take New Year's resolutions seriously, but I had never heard until this year so many people coming out and saying that they do not like them. For me, I love them. There is nothing better for me and coming off of a really hectic, crazy, insane time like Christmas and making some goals for the upcoming year. I never feel bad if I do not hit a goal for the year; to me it's a good place to try to do better, change the goal, etc.
So without further ado, my 2016 resolutions are...
1. To read 36+ books. I really have a visual goal. I want to fill an entire shelf on my bookshelf. Reading is such a passion for me and not only is a hobby that I love, but gives me a feeling of renewal & rejuvenation. My eyesight is better after months of nerve damage that left me seeing as though I was looking through a cracked mirror. However, the processing connection is slower, meaning that I'll look at something and it takes a second longer for my mind to process it. This makes reading slower for me, and I'd love to see that pace quicken this year!
7 weeks in...
I'm finishing book #4 tonight!
2. To plant ourselves in a home church.
7 weeks in...
We will be attending a church that we LOVE tomorrow morning for the 6th consecutive Sunday!!!
3. To stop the crash diet / roller coaster of the same 20 lbs up & down that aside from my accident & recovery has plagued me for 10 years, ever since I had my first baby. With the volatile weight comes a roller coaster of emotions. 'My favorite jeans don't fit so I suck.'
7 weeks in...
I have committed to logging my food into my fitness pal daily & so far this year I'm down 1-2 lbs. The good, bad & ugly (and believe me today is UGLY!) I'm 10 lbs up from my 'feels perfect to me' weight, but if I lose only 2 or 5 of those lbs and it takes 12 months, for the first time ever in my life THAT IS GOOD ENOUGH! I absolutely refuse to lose that 10 lbs & then gain it back. I am soooo done with that cycle.
4. To find a happy medium of recording memories (previously scrapbooking...).
7 weeks in...
I'm fighting an internal struggle with this one. More coming soon!
5. To find success in Rodan + Fields.
7 weeks in...
I signed my consultant agreement on the evening of December 31, 2015. I received my kit shortly after and for the majority of January I did not do anything for personal reasons. I am kicking myself now because in February I have already received two promotions and I am working really hard to get a third before month end!! #mylittleskincarebusiness #itallstartedwithaneyecream
6. {drum roll please...} Along with my sister Kim, I have committed to not buying a single thing that I can wear for myself in 2016. WHAT?! ARE YOU NUTS?!?! There are some rules to this resolution, which we are calling our Shopical (shopping sabbatical!). #1, we can only replace skincare and make up and perfume items. If a brand-new mascara is released this year, I may not get it instead of my current mascara. If a new color of eyeshadow comes out this year, I need to stick with my current colors (ummm let's not talk about how I own literally every shade ever produced). #2, I am allowed to replace my athletic shoes when my physical therapist deems them worn out. This is about every six months and I am hoping that I will only need to replace them one time this year. #3, extenuating circumstances. If I am in a wedding and have to purchase a bridesmaid dress or if I had a job where I had to purchase a uniform, those things would be allowed. If I am in a wedding, only the items needed for the day of the wedding are allowed and not anything for the rehearsal dinner, shower, etc. Both of these are highly unlikely though this year. #4, items this includes are clothing, shoes, socks, undergarments, bathing suits, purses, perfume, makeup, jewelry, etc.
7 weeks in...
So far, so good!! I will be the first to admit that this has not been easy because there has been little things here and there that have tempted me. However, I am determined to make this happen!
Well 2016, we are almost 1/6 done with you. While I do not wish for time to pass quickly, I celebrate my small successes so far! I love to have goals and work towards them throughout the year!


Comments