On the 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th days of Christmas...

Yikes, I am 5 days behind! This is one of my issues with blogging. I WANT to have the stories and memories recorded, yet I have NO time. Even now, I should be doing 8 other things, but this is a priority! It will be so fun to see years from now how we made this Christmas season special :)

On the 3rd day of Christmas...


We had a dinner picnic by the Christmas tree and watched Charlie Brown's Christmas! (May I please add that dinner was AMAZING...peanut-crusted chicken, Emeril's rice pilaf & steamed green beans!)

On the 4th day of Christmas...


The girls got Santa hats to wear all month and had hot chocolate that the stirred with peppermint twists!

On the 5th day of Christmas...


The girls set out their boots for St. Nick to fill them with some treats! Here is their photo when they discovered the trinkets. My sister was babysitting overnight and took care of everything!

On the 6th day of Christmas...




We shopped for the less fortunate. We bought coats, snow pants, hats and gloves for Operation Outerwear. It is a program here in our town for the people here who cannot afford warm outerwear. It warms my heart to be able to give to these people! All that is collected is handed out anonymously and when turned in this morning, our two sets were pulled aside right away because they know of just the perfect recipients in those exact sizes. I am overwhelmed with joy. I wish there was more we could do! I'm so grateful to be able to show my girls how wonderful it feels to give to the less fortunate this season! 

On the 7th day of Christmas...



We made Smores in the fireplace using peppermint bark for the chocolate! The girls loved them :) New tradition: each time we have a fire in the fireplace, they'll want smores! 

I cannot believe we're a week into December. It's the harried holiday season!!

Comments

Popular Posts