Went to the Chapel and She got Married!

This weekend has truly been a whirlwind of FUN times.  My mom has been dating an amazing man, Mark, for almost 3 years now and on Saturday they TIED THE KNOT!!

Mark is incredible for a number of reasons, the number one absolutely being that he is very laid back, easygoing and brings a special calmness to an otherwise pretty crazy family :)  He is already a wonderful grandfather to our girls and I have enjoyed getting to know his family over the past year or so.  I cannot wait for all the good times ahead with the new blended bunch.

B's Bows was THRILLED to play a part in making the wedding accessories beautiful ones--Here's my brother just before he walked my mom down the aisle sporting his custom bow tie!


And here are the handsome groom and his son right after we put their bow ties on:


My mom had a few friends and my sister and I walk down the aisle in pairs as her bridesmaids.  Bristol was one of four flower girls, but she was a little fussy when it came time for the processional, so she walked between my sister Mandy and I.  She was the cutest thing!!


Right after Bristol came her big sisters, followed by Mark's granddaughter Maggie and her brother, ring bearer Noah.  I picked fabrics based on my mom's wedding colors and had the flower girl dresses made by a phenomenal seamstress, Tracy.  I can't wait to wash the girls' dresses and have them wear them again very soon!  They are so precious!



Finally, my brother and my mom came down the aisle.  My brother, so stoic as he walked and my mom, so excited and cute!


I love this picture below so much because Mark and his family are all in it and you can just see how sweet their expressions are.  His dad is in the red on the left of my mom with his mom sitting next to him.  His son to my brother's right and Mark's daughter just barely made the picture, but is on the far right.  Both of Mark's children are calm and laid back like he is, but we got to see their wild sides a bit at the reception--haha!


Here is the entire bridal party after the ceremony.  Just in case you're wondering why Mark's daughter wasn't in the wedding--she was asked, but chose not to.  I think she's more of a behind-the-scenes girl and was more comfortable doing other things for the occasion like baking the DELICIOUS cakes for my mom and Mark's reception :)


We also managed to get a cute picture of our entire immediate family right after the ceremony.  We're all looking and smiling--miracle!


I love all of the pictures, but this one is my favorite of all from the whole day.  My mom and Mark ADORE their grandchildren and the grandchildren are OBSESSED with their "Grammy and Oobie."  How precious is this?!?!


The air conditioning in the church was broken, so with the 90-degree temps outside, the church was like an OVEN.  We quickly left after those few photos and headed to the big party down the road!  I spent all day Friday and part of Saturday morning setting up and decorating the reception venue and I didn't end up getting many pictures of it all done--oops. 


The reason I didn't get too many pictures was because we pretty much ate quickly and then the party got going!  The dance floor area was packed all night :)


And there was a lot of talking and mingling with friends and family we don't see often enough!




I had the best time dancing the night away and hanging out with everyone there.  It was the perfect ending to a beautiful event.  I wish there were more excuses in a lifetime to have such big parties with everyone you love in attendance :)

In closing tonight, here are some close-ups of some of the accessories I made for the wedding.  I loved how everything came together, and I loved that my mom let me use my creative touches to decorate her reception and accessorize the wedding party!!


Here's to wishing my mom and Mark a lifetime of happiness and love, and thousands of special memorable moments along the way.  We are so happy for you Mom and Mark!  We love you!

Comments

Popular Posts