Long Week

Wow, what a week!  It seems like Monday was half a year ago!  Yes, this is the same person writing who usually states over and over again how time flies too quickly.  I can't say I much minded that this week was a slow one, but I am glad we got through it and made it to the more relaxing weekend :)

Monday morning I was pampered beyond what I could possibly imagine...no, I did not have a spa day.  I hired someone to clean our home!  I asked Scott for this for Christmas and I was stunned when he actually told me on Christmas day that I could have someone come to clean for us.  I found someone who I think will work out very well for us and she cleaned for the first time Monday.  She did an excellent job and throughout this long week our house has stayed cleaner than ever.  Having the dirt and dust cleaned up motivates me to keep ahead of piles of mail and school stuff, and to keep toys put away and organized, so I've worked hard to make sure everything stayed looking great all week and I have truly enjoyed having a nice clean home for 6 days straight now!

Also on Monday, Bristol and I picked up the different components of the flower girl dresses for my sister Kim's wedding this June.  The little girls will be wearing simple peasant style dresses in blush and ivory.  Here is the main fabric of the dress:


After picking up all of the supplies to send to our dress maker, we took Sienna to a gymnastics class and then headed home in time for Teeny B's nap.  Well, she was being a stinker and wouldn't settle down to go to sleep.  I kept hearing her every few minutes over the monitor and I kept hoping she would pass out.  At 23 months old, this girl still needs a good daily nap whether she wants to think so or not!  Well, just when I thought she might have finally fallen asleep, I heard "MOMMY!" from an excited little voice who was running down the hallway!  Bristol had climbed out of her crib! 


Here stands the first Vitt girl ever to climb out of the crib.  I need to write it down in her journal, but I'll record it here just in case--the date was 2/25/13.  After she climbed out and came downstairs she helped herself to her favorite snack--animal crackers.  Little.Miss.Independent!

Monday night was filled with the typical craziness of kids' activities, bow making, planning for the next day, etc.

Tuesday morning I was up before dawn to finish up some St. Patty's Day bows.  I had so many different types of orders go out this week, but most included at least one thing for March 17th.  After I finished up the bows, got Jaden off to school and cleaned up from our morning routine here, I told Bristol and Sienna we'd head to the library.  They had a great time looking through books and playing with the various toys our library has out for the kids!












Bristol is developing quite the imagination and has animals and figurines "talk" to one another all the time.  That's what she's doing in the photo above--so cute!

After an hour a the library, Sienna checked out five books she picked and we went out to lunch all together.  I could tell both girls were exhausted from the fun morning, so I rushed home afterwards for them to rest.  Sienna was cranky, but wanted to hear nothing of a nap.  Her last words before I took this photo were, "I'm not tired!"  Um...


She was passed out for almost two hours!  Ha!  Thankfully Bristol napped well that day too and did not climb out of her crib :)

Wednesday I was again up before dawn to make bows and most of my morning was spent doing things for my business.  My friend came over to photograph my bow swatches for me while her son played with Bristol--well they more or less looked at one another and then did their own things--haha!  I dropped off a large bow order around lunch time and then it was back home for more work to do in the afternoon.  I know Bristol took a good nap again and did not climb out of the crib (whew!), and Sienna also ended up falling asleep again--must've been an extra tired week for her because she usually only naps once a week if at all.  I laid down for a half hour power nap and then made a grocery list and got ready for the evening of activities and whatnot.  I shopped in between gymnastics class and dinner and more bow making.  Chaotic day!

Thursday I was the class helper at Sienna's school and I neglected to take a single photo while I was there.  I enjoyed her class and I know she loved having me there.  Sienna and her classmates are all so sweet and have really grown up this year.  After school we made lunch and ate together along with Bristol, and then they napped while I...wait for it...made bows and sent invoices.  I made a yummy dinner of shrimp and pesto pasta and then the big girls and I were off for another night of kid activities.

Friday was a big day--although this little Miss Cranky Pants did not realize what she was in for--


She woke up with a terrible case of the grumpies!  Ugh, what a morning!

It was Silly Seuss day at school for Jaden, so we styled her hair as silly as we could and she wore pajamas, wacky socks, big pink sunglasses and a jingle bell necklace.  She hated her hair, but I thought it was adorable!




As soon as Jaden was off to school, Bristol and I were off to Sesame Street Live with our friends the Toth's!


Bristol ran up to the first Elmo she saw and didn't want to leave him to go to our seats!  By now, she'd dried her tears and was her normal happy self--thank goodness :)


Though our seats were in a terrible location for a toddler to see, Bristol did her best and did not take her eyes off the stage for the entire performance.  I let her stand just to take her picture, but most of the time she sat as high up on my knees as she could, taking in every bit of Elmo and his friends making music.






The show was cute and we had fun despite the bad view from our seats.  On the way home Bristol passed out--I'm sure all of the morning crying combined with the excitement of Elmo just did her in!  As a result, she did not take a nap that afternoon--and, go figure, instead crawled right out of her crib!  Little Stinker!

Last night Jaden, Sienna and I went to a birthday party for our friends.  They had a pool party and the favors were towels made to look like mermaid tails and sunglasses.  How cute are all these mermaids and mermen!?!


Both girls had so much fun swimming and celebrating with their friends.  They even ate a full dinner at the party and another full meal on the way home because all of the swimming had worked up their appetites!  Once home it was quickly shower time and then onto bedtime.

This morning Bristol decided that as a pro crib-climber now she would just give us all a wake up call at 6:35am.  Oh boy--I knew we were in for it once she climbed out that first time!  I was actually already waking up, and we had to get ready early to be somewhere so I didn't half mind this morning.

The girls and I got all dressed up in black and pink and headed out to see Jaden's dance studio company team compete in their first ever competition.  The studio colors are black and pink so we wanted to wear those colors in honor of the girls performing!


We stopped for a special treat at the donut shop here in our town and then headed to the competition.  Little did I know that dance competitions don't always run on schedule and though we were 20 minutes early, we had JUST missed the performance of the girls from Jaden's studio!  We were disappointed, but we stayed anyway for 45 minutes or so to watch other teams.  The girls loved seeing all of the costumes and performances, and when we got home Jaden put on her own show for our family.  I know she would love to compete one day--she's quite the little dancer!

This afternoon both big girls got to have friends over to play and Bristol was my side kick the whole time her sisters were busy with their friends.  With five girls in the house we tried out a new craft kit, made personal pan pizzas and the girls spent a lot of time giggling and having fun.  I love that we're entering a stage where the girls are more independent when they have their friends here to play, and I really enjoy the friends my girls have made--such sweet and fun little ladies!

Well there was our week in a nutshell.  Told you it was a long one :)  Hopefully I won't be so overcommitted this week and can actually post regularly.  Key word, "hopefully"  :)

Comments

Popular Posts